Author Topic: D-Rose  (Read 1146 times)

D-Rose
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The dude is getting extremely overrated by the national media.

He's a great player no doubt, but people are shocked and in awe of his play....act like they haven't seen Allen Iverson or Monta Ellis play before.

How people quickly forget the even greater players that came before.

Go back and look at the crap surrounding A.I. and the mucho quality players that D-Rose has (and quality coach).

If you want to hand out MVP awards for winning....give it to Manu Ginobli who's the best player on the most winningest team in the NBA this season.

Re: D-Rose
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
MVP should be changed to the "best story" award.  Rose is the best player on a the team nobody expected to be this good, so he gets MVP.  He also has a killer crossover and has some nice highlight dunks and layups.  That doesn't actually make him the most valuable or the best player in the league, but along with the storyline it makes him the most exciting right now.

All of these media debates over whether you'd rather start your team with LeBron or Rose are absurd, though.  LeBron is by far the better player.  Rose is at best the 5th best player in the league.  I'd take LeBron, Wade, Howard, and Durant over him if I were building a team.  If it were a single season, I might even take Kobe over him, as well.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: D-Rose
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »

Offline rtifishul

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
http://www.gq.com/sports/guides/201103/nba-guide/derrick-rose

I show this to everyone I know who is high on Rose.