Author Topic: With time to reflect... I blame...  (Read 4721 times)

Re: With time to reflect... I blame...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I don't blame Doc but on the whole I agree with the OP.  5 minutes to start each half would have been a nice idea by the Celtics organization imo....til his body re-learns what sudden movements are all about....

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »

Offline Dunn

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
You go Shak, go on have a TP on me! You and I both sucked our lips in disagreement with Doc. If Shaq was gonna ever get on that court, it should be to start. Just like Doc did with KG and Rondo when they were both hurt this season. Who done ever heard of Shaq coming off the bench, even in an all-star game. Simply put, use him in the role he's use to, benefited in, and you plan to use him in the playoffs. I swear for Lord, Doc is trying my last nerve this season.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 07:37:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Who's feelings would be hurt if Shaq started at center? On of the guys that's started less than 10 games all year at center? The only other player who could have laid claim to the starting spot is living large in OKC.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Who's feelings would be hurt if Shaq started at center? On of the guys that's started less than 10 games all year at center? The only other player who could have laid claim to the starting spot is living large in OKC.

Maybe not entirely coincidentally, that player was the only one to verbally lay claim to the starting center spot--signalling a potential issue in giving it to Shaq.

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Maybe not entirely coincidentally, that player was the only one to verbally lay claim to the starting center spot--signalling a potential issue in giving it to Shaq.

Not sure why that would be an issue when Doc said the same thing on more than one occasion.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is an injury that could have just as easily happened warming up before the game, during practice, during workout, on a walk to the 7/11, or crossing the floor from the living room to the kitchen. Not trying to make any judgement here, or second-guess Doc's decision to play Shaq, but whether or not Shaq warmed up then cooled down, or whether or not he should've played more or less than five minute stretches, or even whether or not he played at all, has very little-to-no bearing on this type of injury.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *