Author Topic: Staples Center booing Luke Walton when he touches ball  (Read 7250 times)

Re: Staples Center booing Luke Walton when he touches ball
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 04:40:14 AM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
I know he is awful but LA fans doing him like that? Is there some reason and I am missing something?

rofl

Lakers fans are some of the most classless fans in the country ... pretty much sums it up.
lol Bahku, not you too!

The previous two posters are correct, they're just saying "Luuuuuuuuke!", but it seemed like the perfect opportunity to bash Laker fans ... shame on those who ruined my fun with the truth! ;)
lol screw it say w/e you want about l.a. fans
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
I feel sorry for Luke Walton. His career is being torn apart by injuries.

It's not right for his own fans to get on his back because he had a debilitating injury.

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

It's not right for his own fans to get on his back because he had a debilitating injury.
Yeah, everyone has forgotten that he was a solid player for them for his first few years.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 09:40:34 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72

Yeah, everyone has forgotten that he was a solid player for them for his first few years.
It's not the injuries - people can deal with that. It's the contract - players who sign for much more than they are worth always end up hurting their team and that leads to their fans disliking them.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 09:47:22 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
I know he is awful but LA fans doing him like that? Is there some reason and I am missing something?

rofl

Lakers fans are some of the most classless fans in the country ... pretty much sums it up.
lol Bahku, not you too!

We have to remember, Kobe got MVP chants in Boston... Cheering for him is pretty classless too!

Yes Kobe got MVP chants in Boston....but it was by the Laker fans...the Celtic fans were not chanting MVP for a Laker player.  Also remember our team was pretty horrible that year there were more Laker fans in the stands for that game (especially late when the game was decided and Kobe went on a scoring binge) then Boston ones.  The normal Boston fans sold their tickets for $.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

That is the nature of the beast...look just a week or so ago how many threads were going on about Rondo for his play?

Unlike Rondo, Luke has not shut any critics up by having solid-great games to stop the boo birds.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

It's not the injuries - people can deal with that. It's the contract - players who sign for much more than they are worth always end up hurting their team and that leads to their fans disliking them.

If not for his injuries would be be so overpaid?

Besides other than using up the MLE that year  I don't think the Lakers have ever spent less because of his contract.