Author Topic: Andre Miller doesn't think Blake Griffin deserves to be an All-Star  (Read 4673 times)

Re: Andre Miller doesn't think Blake Griffin deserves to be an All-Star
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:44 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Strange comments ... understandable that A.Miller believes LaMarcus Aldridge is deserving of an All-Star place but why he picked out Blake Griffin, I do not know, and then choose to make those comments about Griffin ... peculiar (sounds a lot like an old vet who doesn't like a rookie getting attention to me).

The Clippers have played near .500 ball (18-20) since their poor start (1-9) to the season. This on a team that won 29 games last year and has had it's starting center (Chris Kaman) out injured for 80% of the season of the season so far ... and Blake Griffin is the biggest reason for the turnaround.

Blake Griffin is a clearly a deserving All-Star. He has had a fantastic season.

I find it a bit hypocritical that you find Kevin Love to not be at an All-Star level this year because of his team's poor record but not the Clippers who are 10 games under .500...and you, for some reason, throw away the 1-9 start as if it is nothing. It was part of the season, it happened.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Well, Blake Griffin probably thinks Andre Miller is a has-been (or a never-was).

And he'd be inaccurate.

Yes he would be...However, Miller is still an moron for saying this. How could you not think this guy is an all star?

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Well, Blake Griffin probably thinks Andre Miller is a has-been (or a never-was).

And he'd be inaccurate.

Yes he would be...However, Miller is still an moron for saying this. How could you not think this guy is an all star?

I agree...there is no question that Griffin is an All-Star. I just don't think there is any need to impugn Miller's abilities to prop up Griffin's. Miller is a good player, always has been.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He basically calls him out for not making his teammates better, and not being a "blue collar" player. I would argue that it's difficult to make teammates better when they're just not that good, but everyone has their own opinion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/04/andre-miller-blake-griffin_n_818807.html

I don't know about your teamate arguement.  Baron Davis & Eric Gordon are pretty [dang] good. 

Clips should have a better record, given the on paper roster.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I do think Griffin has been playing at all-star level, but I thought rookies should play in the rookie game.  He wants to be considered a rookie for the rookie of the year award, then he should be considered a rookie and play in the rookie/sophomore game.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
all star is all star
both are mybinkies
but this time i am happy for Blake

He IS an all star
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!