Author Topic: Read my lips  (Read 2872 times)

Read my lips
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/06/1819183/read-my-lips-jacksons-fine-out.html

This is from my local papers site today. If it's true that they will fine you now for reading your lips then I think this is just a little too much. I'm not a fan of these new rules this year as it is. But this is even more then I thought the NBA would pull. If it's true.
Peace through Tyranny

Re: Read my lips
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Unreal - $50K for something NOT said to the refs OR media after the game is over?

I hope the team or player's association appeals this BS...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:49:45 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
if this is true, then this is way too much. i wonder what the league will comment on this issue.
- LilRip

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Unreal - $50K for something NOT said to the refs OR media after the game is over?

Or so he claims. Fact is, he got T-ed up in this game ans was his usual nuisance self. Doesn't help his case.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
What did he say? No new taxes?
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Word.

The NBA is the worst. ;)

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442

Or so he claims. Fact is, he got T-ed up in this game ans was his usual nuisance self. Doesn't help his case.
This would be very bad on the nba's part but consider the source- Stephen "Disgruntled" Jackson.  He ranks up there with the Rasheed Wallaces of the world.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
Overall, I don't like the NBA ref's new approach but I can't deny that there has been a reduction in scowls and whines after every call -- an annoying aspect of the game.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399

but 50k??? that's a huge fine. Players usually only get around a 20k fine for criticizing officials in the media, let alone talking to themselves
- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Can't believe that...!

Surely there's something that we haven't caught in this story. Maybe that was just the final straw?

If this is the case, poor SJackson.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is the height of absurdity ... I mean, come ON! Can we get back to the real world, please Mr. Stern?!?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 02:45:19 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Overall, I don't like the NBA ref's new approach but I can't deny that there has been a reduction in scowls and whines after every call -- an annoying aspect of the game.
True

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
True
I agree, but I find myself almost as annoyed at the lack of consistency in the application of techs - so it's a wash...