Author Topic: Wade suffering from migraines, may miss tonights game  (Read 3456 times)

Wade suffering from migraines, may miss tonights game
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Has Wade always had this problem?  I don't remember him ever missing time as a result of migraines before.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Wade suffering from migraines, may miss tonights game
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yeah he missed at least one game in the reg season because of it.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Good opportunity for Phily to steal a game. 

I wonder if Mike Miller is going to play tonight. He left early after aggravating his sore left thumb in game one. If he's out too, that leaves Miami pretty bare on the wings. Just LeBron and J.Jones. A lot of small backcourts (House or Chalmers at SG alongside Bibby) on the horizon.

Difficult for Miami to matchup well against Phily's small ball lineups with Thaddeus Young at the PF position when they are short-handed on the wing. They'd have no rebounding on the perimeter (J.Jones is pathetic and House/Bibby are weak) and outside of Chalmers everyone is a below average defender (if LeBron plays PF). Tough.

They'll have to stay big and trust Bosh's ability to keep Young somewhat under wraps. A difficult assignment for Bosh. Another big game for J.Anthony too because they'll need his quickness against those lineups.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Too bad Philly couldn't steal the game they actually had a chance to win.  I think Philly already had their chance and they blew it. :-\  I hope they can pull it off though.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Has Wade always had this problem?  I don't remember him ever missing time as a result of migraines before.
Has he suffered any concussions?

They can trigger migraines in people who haven't had them before.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Has Wade always had this problem?  I don't remember him ever missing time as a result of migraines before.

I sense Jordanesque heroic drama later in the playoffs....ALA the fake Jordan fever.  Wade's just planting the seed.

Did the officials call traveling on Wade on one of those every single times he carrys?  Is he looking for sympathy from the officials down the road?  Is he not getting enough calls?

I don't believe anything about these guys.  They bleed narcissism and drama queenism.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:09:26 AM by Finkelskyhook »

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I guess Wade is staking his claim to being the team's Pippen.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I can't imagine trying to play an NBA game with migraine pain. With the motion, lights and noise it'd be excruciating. Must be serious if he can't get through a game with an Excedrin or imitrex.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 12:38:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I guess Wade is staking his claim to being the team's Pippen.

If Pippen was better than Jordan.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Has Wade always had this problem?  I don't remember him ever missing time as a result of migraines before.

I sense Jordanesque heroic drama later in the playoffs....ALA the fake Jordan fever.  Wade's just planting the seed.

Did the officials call traveling on Wade on one of those every single times he carrys?  Is he looking for sympathy from the officials down the road?  Is he not getting enough calls?

I don't believe anything about these guys.  They bleed narcissism and drama queenism.
You called it he looks better than he did in the last game  ::)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Suffering from migraines or mind games?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?