Author Topic: Sherlock (2010)  (Read 5003 times)

Sherlock (2010)
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:07:47 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Sherlock (2010) on BBC UK - A 21st Century retelling of the great Sherlock Holmes & his misadventures with Dr. Watson. I saw the pilot "A Study in Pink" and it was extremely entertaining, intelligent, and hilarious to boot. Will continue to watch with great excitement.

More info here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t4pgh

Re: Sherlock (2010)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
For anyone who has not seen this, should check it out! it is absolutly amazing.

If you liked the first few seasons of House MD back when the egotistical, sociopath Dr. House was still an interresting charecter you should check it out.

Sherlock is such a hard thing to quantify why it just draws you in completly but it does.. i watched the first 2 episodes after reading this and i cannot wait until sunday.

Really.. check it out.. NAOW... GET TO ZE CHOPPAH!
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I have seen the Pilot and the first 45 mins of this weeks' epi. Its awesome. Highly, highly recommend.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:30 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
Splendid news governors....

2nd season!!!!

http://www.tv.com/untitled/story/23651.html?tag=headlines;title;0

Cheerio....

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:51:46 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
There really wasnt any doubt about Sherlock returning for another season with the reception the series has had so far in the UK not to mention that a UK series getting broadcasted in the USA as early as its first season is all the signs you need to know that another season will be happening and everyone who has not seen the show yet.. for shame!

FOR SHAME!
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Is there somewhere I can watch this online? I'm a big sherlock holmes fan.

Nevermind, I found it. It's amazing so far.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Where'd you find this I really want to watch it!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 02:48:24 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
episodes are streaming on youtube....last i checked.

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 06:56:27 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
watched the pilot too, excellent.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:18:00 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
watched the pilot too, excellent.

You watched the pilot? Where did you find that? From what I know the pilot isn't going to be released until the DVD's come out and they didn't release it before because they thought it wasn't good enough and scraped it.

Where'd you find this I really want to watch it!

Yea they're kind of hard to find through legal sources.... iPlayer on the BBC website apparently doesn't want to work for us. While I used "other means", Youtube does have them in parts if you just do a search:

http://www.youtube.com/user/weekoolrob#p/c/CA3B71CD996D608B <-- he has them up in 720p.

I must say, after watching all 3 episodes, I must proclaim that this is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Where they left the 3rd episode is kind of disappointing especially because no one knows when the 2nd season will be released, but I really cannot wait. I've been thoroughly enjoying the dry British humor haha

EDIT: I just realized that they blocked the episode on youtube. I found them streamed online though:

EDIT: No megavideo links.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:49:13 AM by IndeedProceed »

Become Legendary.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I haven't seen the series yet but it sounds good.  I really liked the book then watched the movie and I must say, the movie was HORRIBLE!  Since when is Sherlock a superhero?  It had nothing to do with the stuff in the book.  I hope the series is much better with the plot lines being more about the mysteries rather than making some crappy background stories about Holmes and Watson.  Again, the movie was horrible!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 10:34:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I haven't seen the series yet but it sounds good.  I really liked the book then watched the movie and I must say, the movie was HORRIBLE!  Since when is Sherlock a superhero?  It had nothing to do with the stuff in the book.  I hope the series is much better with the plot lines being more about the mysteries rather than making some crappy background stories about Holmes and Watson.  Again, the movie was horrible!

I loved the books / stories, and enjoyed the movie.  Interestingly enough, from watching the various trailers for it, I assumed I would hate it.  However, I thought it was entertaining enough (if not strictly Holmesian.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
I thought the movie was entertaining because I love Robert Downey Jr. as an actor but I didn't like the seemingly supernatural take in their approach to the film's plot. This TV series is much more realistic and down to earth.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQq_bC5kIw

Become Legendary.