Author Topic: Bulls have had discussions with Josh Howard and Rasual Butler  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68211/20100717/bulls_have_had_discussions_with_mcgrady_josh_howard/#

They've had discussions with Shannon Brown and T-Mac, but I left those two out because it doesn't look like we're looking at either of them (Thank god especially about T-Mac.  Brown wouldn't be as bad, but I think we need a wing better than him and he is of course a Laker so screw him.).

Bulls Have Had Discussions With McGrady, Josh Howard

The Bulls still have some room under the salary cap and sources indicate they have had discussions with representatives for Josh Howard, Shannon Brown, Rasual Butler and Tracy McGrady.

Once they turn their attention away from swingmen, the Chicago Sun-Times writes that they'll likely focus on a big man.

I'll be [peeved] if the Bulls steal Howard or Butler away from us two of the wings that we're looking at, especially after they got Brewer over us. 

Well you can add McGrady to the list of another wing that the Bulls and C's are both looking at if the Bleacher Report source is reliable.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:26:37 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: Bulls have had discussions with Josh Howard and Rasual Butler
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Looks like Ronnie Brewer may have made the wrong choice, if it was about playing time.

Fighting off Korver for minutes is one thing, but adding another of those wings to the mix doesn't bode well for him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68211/20100717/bulls_have_had_discussions_with_mcgrady_josh_howard/#

They've had discussions with Shannon Brown and T-Mac, but I left those two out because it doesn't look like we're looking at either of them (Thank god especially about T-Mac.  Brown wouldn't be as bad, but I think we need a wing better than him and he is of course a Laker so screw him.).

The Bulls still have some room under the salary cap and sources indicate they have had discussions with representatives for Josh Howard, Shannon Brown, Rasual Butler and Tracy McGrady.

Once they turn their attention away from swingmen, the Chicago Sun-Times writes that they'll likely focus on a big man.

I'll be [peeved] if the Bulls steal Howard or Butler away from us two of the wings that we're looking at, especially after they got Brewer over us. 

well they're not gonna get both and I'd be satisfied with either....

I'd prefer Howard, but Rasual is an intriguing combo of skills and size....kinda like a Posey type.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I'd prefer Howard, but Rasual is an intriguing combo of skills and size....kinda like a Posey type.

I never said they were going to get both, but I'd still be p---ed if they got one of these guys when we were trying to sign them.  I too would prefer Howard.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

I never said they were going to get both, but I'd still be [peeved] if they got one of these guys when we were trying to sign them.  I too would prefer Howard.

No, I know you didn't and  the Bulls getting another wing (in addition to Brewer) would certainly hurt our chances of getting the other...so yeah, the Bulls are beginning to making things difficult for us...

the Knicks and the Nets aren't doing us any favors either...basically all those teams with money to spend that lost out on LeBron...

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 01:34:11 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Seems pointless to me to sign your 4th swingman for more than the minimum. Stop being annoying, Bulls.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
I don't see why we can't get both Butler and Howard. We do S&T for both. We get Butler for our D-League contracts, which should be more than the Vet min. We get Howard for Sheed's deal. Then we find a Big for the vet min.

I hope Matt Barnes fall our way, since he and Nate have the same agent. Maybe there will be some Celtic love.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I don't see why we can't get both Butler and Howard. We do S&T for both. We get Butler for our D-League contracts, which should be more than the Vet min. We get Howard for Sheed's deal. Then we find a Big for the vet min.

I hope Matt Barnes fall our way, since he and Nate have the same agent. Maybe there will be some Celtic love.

Are we throwing in picks here?  Why would the Clippers both to help us out for Gaffney and Lafayette?  They're not a charity. 

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Looks like Ronnie Brewer may have made the wrong choice, if it was about playing time.

Fighting off Korver for minutes is one thing, but adding another of those wings to the mix doesn't bode well for him.

I bet its really about $$$.  My guess is that Danny only offered him a 2 year deal, not 3 year.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 02:33:43 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I bet its really about $$$.  My guess is that Danny only offered him a 2 year deal, not 3 year.

That's how I feel too.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I never said they were going to get both, but I'd still be [peeved] if they got one of these guys when we were trying to sign them.  I too would prefer Howard.

No, I know you didn't and  the Bulls getting another wing (in addition to Brewer) would certainly hurt our chances of getting the other...so yeah, the Bulls are beginning to making things difficult for us...

the Knicks and the Nets aren't doing us any favors either...basically all those teams with money to spend that lost out on LeBron...

We haven't lost out to any players because of the Knicks and they only player, who I'm not sure we were even looking at, that we may have lost out to the Nets is Travis Outlaw.  So it's really just the Bulls, Heat, and Rockets who just got Brad Miller that we were looking at ( don't know how much we were looking at getting him after getting Jermaine)  that have not been doing us any favors.