Author Topic: Oliver Lafayette  (Read 1846 times)

Oliver Lafayette
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:00:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
im not sure how signing goes or carrys over from last year, but are we picking up Oliver? i thought he was pretty decent and he was going up against some of OKCs rotational players. last year all we got to see was spurts of him in garbage . if given just a few real minutes he might be able to fill his role.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 05:12:36 AM by j804 »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Oliver Lafayette
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm beginning to think I have no clue when it comes to judging these guys.  Pruitt seemed like he had a lot of potential as a rookie, and then Lester Hudson seemed like a nice scoring reserve last year.  Lafayette looked good, but I'm not getting my hopes up on these guys.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm beginning to think I have no clue when it comes to judging these guys.  Pruitt seemed like he had a lot of potential as a rookie, and then Lester Hudson seemed like a nice scoring reserve last year.  Lafayette looked good, but I'm not getting my hopes up on these guys.
Pruitt did have potential, he never put together the mental aspect of the NBA for the role his skill set had.

He had the tools to be a backup combo guard, but not the mentality.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:15:52 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yup, seems impossible for us to judge.  SL is no indicator as we have seen many times.  Oliver looked good on offense, but I'd like to see how much better Avery Bradley is on defense.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Pruitt never looked good, even in summer league. He was tentative, and never asserted himself on the court.

Lafayette is better in this aspect, however, he was unable to deliver in crunch time. This season, he might be a good insurance policy, but he's not ready to be a rotation player at this point of his career. Definitely has the skills to make it in the future, though.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
He seems pretty solid; however lacks the quickness to really have an impact. Green may be a talented off guard but he did not look comfortable and the offense lacked flow when he was in.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Pruitt never looked good, even in summer league. He was tentative, and never asserted himself on the court.

Lafayette is better in this aspect, however, he was unable to deliver in crunch time. This season, he might be a good insurance policy, but he's not ready to be a rotation player at this point of his career. Definitely has the skills to make it in the future, though.

Let's not quibble about players.  LOTS of players have looked good in the summer league, including Jerome Moise, Kedrick Brown, Joe Forte, Gerald Green, and a host of other players who never panned out in the NBA. 

Lafayette could be an exception, but it's unlikely on a team like ours. 

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:46:21 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
He looked good during his one game during the regular season after half a practice. He wasn't spooked at all.

Of course, not my call. I've been saying after we picked him up that Danny took care of the back-up point position for next season when he grabbed him.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

My thoughts exactly. Maybe Lafayette can play a few minutes once in a while. But I suspect that Bradley will be getting minutes first.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva