Author Topic: Thank God We already resigned Rondo  (Read 1758 times)

Thank God We already resigned Rondo
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Watching all the craziness that has led up to July 1, and being only able to imagination what else may come, I just wanted to post how happy I am that Rajon is a under contract with the Celtics for the next 5 years. 

I think he'd be the third most sought after FA this off-season after James & Wade.  The Knicks would have given him the Max.  It is a PG's league these days.

Re: Thank God We already resigned Rondo
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Makes DA look like a genius once again for locking up Rondo w/ a reasonable contract.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Rondo's probably kicking himself.  Could've gotten the max for a player with his years from the Knicks or Nets for sure. 

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
And he'd be restricted. I wonder if Ainge would match a max deal: which Rondo surely would've received.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Makes DA look like a genius once again for locking up Rondo w/ a reasonable contract.

Exactly...sure, Rondo has to work on a few things, but boy his upside in the heavens.

His "J" improved slightly this year, as did his freethrows. They will only get better.

And he is only 24?

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Exactly...sure, Rondo has to work on a few things, but boy his upside in the heavens.

His "J" improved slightly this year, as did his freethrows. They will only get better.

And he is only 24?

seemed like his FTs got worse this offseason...everything else improved tho
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rondo's probably kicking himself.  Could've gotten the max for a player with his years from the Knicks or Nets for sure. 

Ainge said in an interview that getting his contract done early goes hand in hand with him to taking his game to another level. He explained that since the pressure of a deal was gone, it allowed him to just focus on basketball.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:54:46 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

And he is only 24?

Absolutely (TP) ... this kid's potential is unlimited. The free-throw problem will improve with the jump-shot, I think ... he's even nailing his tres with more rhythm and frequency.

The only thing that would prevent him from becoming a true superstar in this league is injury, but he's one of the most resilient players I've seen in a very long time.

I mean, how many times have we seen R2 hit the deck with a force that would destroy a body like Perk's or KG's, yet he amazingly gets up every time and continues on.

He really has all the attributes for becoming one of the best PG's in history, and we have a court-side view to watch it happen.

I love Rondo, and if Danny had waited until the end of the season to try to sign him, well ... it would have been a whole different story.

I really believe we got a bargain ... time will hold the final answer, but the future looks very sweet for Rondo, and in turn, the Celtic's.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *