Author Topic: Hakuna Matata?  (Read 1117 times)

Hakuna Matata?
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:24:40 PM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
I'm curious to know how worried everyone is after game 5. Are you confident the C's will take game 6? A little worried because you feel the Magic have their confidence back? Disturbed that the C's may not even pull this off anymore?

I'd be lying to myself if I didn't say I'm not the least bit worried. In fact, I am more than a little worried. Not because I think there are any conspiracies going on against the C's, but because of the little things that when added up gives me cause for concern. Things like:

1. Giving the Magic their confidence back. IMO their confidence is at an all time high right now. That is why they are playing better basketball. The C's should have closed this out in game 4 when they had the chance.
2. Injuries to key players. Rondo is not well. So is TA. Now add Big Baby, Sheed and Quis to that list. The 1st four players I mentioned were big factors in the wins in games 1-3. Now they are playing hurt and it shows in their play.
3. Bad officiating. The refs are absolutely horrible both ways. However, this tends to work better for the Magic because the C's cannot play aggressive defense against them - which was originally their game plan against the Magic - otherwise the whole team fouls out in the 1st half.
4. Celtics are not a good home team this year. Game 4 was supposed to be a W, but instead the C's reverted to being complacent in their home court, and allowed the Magic to win a game on the C's home floor. Heading to game 6, the Magic know how to win in Boston, and the Celtics don't seem to know how to properly defend their home court.
5. Game 7 is back in Orlando. The Celtics do not want to go back to Florida. They simply cannot. Game 6 is once again their game 7, and I hope to God they play it like they played game 6 against Cleveland.

Re: Hakuna Matata?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:45:38 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I dont want to be over-dramatic here, and I know I'm biased bc Im a celtics fan.  but sometimes it's just so hard to watch the NBA.

I'm still frazzled over game 5.  Not b/c we lost necessarily but the league pretty blatantly forced this series to 6 games, and I hate it.  I know the C's didnt have exactly a winning effort these past two games for the most part, but still, I just dont like how this league takes the game out of the players hands sometimes, it makes me feel like an idiot for watching and getting worked up over these games.
Greg

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Not worried at all.

Boston will win the series, either in game six or game seven.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:01:22 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
What a wonderful phrase.

No way Orlando beats us.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 12:08:12 AM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
What a wonderful phrase.

And it ain't no passin' craze.
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I dont want to be over-dramatic here, and I know I'm biased bc Im a celtics fan.  but sometimes it's just so hard to watch the NBA.

I'm still frazzled over game 5.  Not b/c we lost necessarily but the league pretty blatantly forced this series to 6 games, and I hate it.  I know the C's didnt have exactly a winning effort these past two games for the most part, but still, I just dont like how this league takes the game out of the players hands sometimes, it makes me feel like an idiot for watching and getting worked up over these games.

Agreed.  It's also sad that we know so many NBA officials names.  They try to make themselves the center of attention and they do.  Theirs not many MLB umpires that we know.  Same goes with the NFL.  After fouls in this series, the refs are seriously baiting guys like Perk and Sheed.  Instead of walking over to the table to report they foul, they wait and they look at those guys and wait for them to react.  Either way, it's pathetic that we know how a games going to go by looking at the officials.  It's really only like this in the NBA.
do it

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:04:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Great post, Mzepol, and I agree with all the points you've made ... but I'm still feeling good about our chances, and it's because of all the same points. Gives me a good idea for a thread ... thanks! (TP)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:07:44 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *