Author Topic: Whys is Rondo known as the fight starter?  (Read 3911 times)

Re: Whys is Rondo known as the fight starter?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
No one likes the guy that beats them.

True that....in Chamillionaire's words:

They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty
;D
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 01:20:10 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
don't know about fight starter but rondo strikes me as a dude who knows how to cold bloodedly finish a fight

They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty
;D

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:04 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
CP3 was uncalled for. Taunting him about how he has no rings is not right especially since 1)CP3 is much better than Rondo may ever be 2) It's not CP3's fault he's stuck on a bad team with a cheap owner and 3)Rondo was lucky to end up in that situation, and CP3 would have thrived even more if he had had Rondo's luck.
Rondo leads the NBA in steals and is second in assist, so he's done quite well for himself on a team with three allstars he has to share the ball with. There is no telling whether Paul will do better in Rondo's situation, where he will have to sacrifice shots and play defense (the second -- definitely not his forte), or Rondo in Paul's, where he will have the ball in his hands all the time and free pass to take shots as he sees fit.

Given that Paul is a whiner of epic proportions (he, together with LeBron and Vareajo are the guys who can never take a shot without getting fouled), I don't see a problem with goading him a little bit.

He probably goaded him more than a little bit. You're right that Paul would have to change his game. But he is a natural PG. Instead of 22 and 11, he may average 18 and 16. I'd take the second, especially if it meant 2 or 3 rings. CP3's defense is worse, but I feel the offense makes up for that, and more.

In New Orleans, Rondo would have fewer assists (worse teammates), more steals (defense doesn't matter) but not too many more points (still has no range, worse teammates means more focus by opponents on RR etc.). I'd say maybe 18 and 8, with 3 steals.