Author Topic: I want Joakim Noah in the celtics  (Read 3994 times)

Re: I want Joakim Noah in the celtics
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 10:48:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I underestimated him coming out of college. Playing with Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Taureen Green...he had so much talent around him you kind of believed he'd struggle wiht a real challenge.

I think everyone underestimated him coming out of college, what did he slip to number 10? After brewer right?

I think he will definitely be better than varajeo. He has a better offensive game he's not as good a defensive player but he is a btter rebounder. They mirror each other hustle wise. I think Noah coudl be a top player on a contender (eventually) and I think Varajoe will just always be a great role player

See I think that's an overestimation. Noah's shot is UGGGGGLY! Hasn't changed since he got in the league either. Nobody game plans around Noah, because how to do you stop a guy who scores his points without needing to be a part of the offense? He's opportunistic and has a motor that doesn't quit, but as this years' Bulls team shows you, without scorers around him he's not nearly as effective.

I think he could start for a very good team, but he shouldn't be one of the top 2 players in that 5.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 10:49:04 PM »

Kiorrik

I underestimated him coming out of college. Playing with Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Taureen Green...he had so much talent around him you kind of believed he'd struggle wiht a real challenge.

I think everyone underestimated him coming out of college, what did he slip to number 10? After brewer right?

I think he will definitely be better than varajeo. He has a better offensive game he's not as good a defensive player but he is a btter rebounder. They mirror each other hustle wise. I think Noah coudl be a top player on a contender (eventually) and I think Varajoe will just always be a great role player

See I think that's an overestimation. Noah's shot is UGGGGGLY! Hasn't changed since he got in the league either. Nobody game plans around Noah, because how to do you stop a guy who scores his points without needing to be a part of the offense? He's opportunistic and has a motor that doesn't quit, but as this years' Bulls team shows you, without scorers around him he's not nearly as effective.

I think he could start for a very good team, but he shouldn't be one of the top 2 players in that 5.
Agree fully.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 10:54:21 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'll tell you what, I wish there were a single player on the Celtics who could play with the kind of energy and intensity I saw the Bulls play with tonight.  Hinrich was playing smothering defense and Noah was fighting hard for boards and taking it inside. 

The end of that Bulls / Cavs game gave me a thrill I'm not sure I've seen all season watching the Celtics.  The Bulls looked hungry tonight.  The Celtics have looked fat and full pretty much all year.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

Kiorrik

I'll tell you what, I wish there were a single player on the Celtics who could play with the kind of energy and intensity I saw the Bulls play with tonight.  Hinrich was playing smothering defense and Noah was fighting hard for boards and taking it inside. 

The end of that Bulls / Cavs game gave me a thrill I'm not sure I've seen all season watching the Celtics.  The Bulls looked hungry tonight.  The Celtics have looked fat and full pretty much all year.
Yeh, it pretty much shows you what we miss.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 11:06:48 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I don't know what  his numbers are but the last few games I've seen of him on TV he's hit those midrange jumpers around the free throw line. He's still pretty young, I think he could definitely improve on his offensive game unlike varajao who is inept on offense.

Weren't the Bulls the 5 seed a few weeks ago before Noah got injured? They lost like 10 games in a row after he got injured. I think thats saying something. One that the Bulls were a 5 seed with Noah being there second best player and 2 that the Bulls were completely lost without him on the floor.

I don't know why I said top player on a contender cause I don't believe that. I was going to say that he could be a starter for a championship team but then I thoguht of Perk and Rondo in 08 and they really weren't anything special on that team IMO.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
is everyone watching the nugg/lakers game?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »

Kiorrik

is everyone watching the nugg/lakers game?
I'm not *everyone*, but yeh, slightly, while working on a design for a website.

Mr Bigshot still hitting them.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I am going into the chat room....looks like a "one for the Gipper" kind of game!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:54 PM »

Kiorrik

Bah, chatroom once again not working for me. Hate that.

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 11:19:59 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
's ok....no one there anyway, sometimes people go in when something interestingis going on

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...