Author Topic: Dating question.  (Read 13807 times)

Re: Dating question.
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
u get "jane" involved she be out with yall all the time..3rd wheel..

ill be the wingman and take one for the team if that happens..

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 11:13:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hmmm, I just realized that this weekend is Valentines Day.  Man, you have BAD timing for a second date.

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

But come to think of it I think that's kind of the perfect excuse to call back. 

Like Wooooaaaahhhh.. I juuuusssstttt realized Sunday is Valentine's Day. Let's go to Vegas and get married? Too soon? Ok let's go out and party instead.

Orrrrr......you could show up at her job when she's working late and be like "I got impatient. I missed you" and pick her up and leave.

Well it worked for me once.

You could send some lame email Valentine this weekend with like Snoopy and Woodstock or something and use it as a conversation starter for the next date. Like "does this mean they're implying that Snoopy and Woodstock are gay lovers cause I never got that from them before?"

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Also do not under any circumstances mention Celticsblog unless she says "So my brother Roy Hobbes is working on this legal case and takes time out to log into this basketball website...."

then get us all the dirt

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Hmmm, I just realized that this weekend is Valentines Day.  Man, you have BAD timing for a second date.

Yeah, really, lol! Talk about questioning one's own political correctness ... man, I would avoid starting to date a woman on or near/before Valentine's Day ... just multiply the normal level of tension, awkwardness and expectations by a hundred or so! Plus, it's a sure bet that she's absorbed in some kind of fond romantic memory of the one that got away. Really bad timing ... I'd wait until after "Hearts Day" ... minimize those outside elements. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Well we ended up rescheduling for next Wednesday, as she typically spends Sundays with her younger sister, which I know isn't a lie or trying to get out of doing something for V-day.  But, yes, I agree, it definitely would have been slightly, slightly awkward to have date #2 on this particular day. 

As always, I'll post the "dirt" when the time comes.  But, so far, so good.

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
You might have been lucky to dodge this. With a three day weekend this was the most romantic weekend in 7 years. Not a time for a 2nd date. But I'd definitely get more agressive on #2. Bring a small gift. Something cheap and cheezy that you can pass off as a Valentines' gift that she'll think of you when she sees you like a small snow globe with a ploar bear. Find out what she likes.

WHY am I giving you my moves?

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2010, 10:20:23 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
not going out tonight buys you a year before vday, well done

also saves the awkward 2nd date, do I get her a present b/c it's vday

only problem is if you end up going out for a while you'll have the 10th as an anniversary then the 14th as a mandatory dating day - like me and the gf, her bday is the 11th, vday is the 14th and our anniversary is the 26th...my credit card is not happy

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2010, 10:26:11 PM »

Kiorrik

Just wanted to interject: amazing topic. Simply amazing :]

Good luck dude.

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
For all the married and engaged dudes trying to live vicariously through this guy....he owes us an update.