Author Topic: Delonte West  (Read 2202 times)

Delonte West
« on: November 24, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »

Offline The Intimidator

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I like our team right now, Daniels is a great piece for us with the ability to play 1 through 3 and relief Eddie House from any playmaking.
However, the Cavs clearly don't have him in their long-term plans anymore. They even tried packaging him with Wally for S-Jax. Delonte West really thrived when he was here, and he would be a nice backup piece. He's considered a combo guard, but he used to run the point for us in the West/Rondo/Telfair experiment. I wouldn't mind having him back, even with the personal issues.
Maybe throw an expering at the Cavs and see it they bite? I know it's Cleveland, and they probably won't make a trade that makes us better, but they can use all the cap space they can get for 2010.

He could really be a nice piece for us and his contract is reasonable.

PG Rondo / West / Daniels
SF Pierce / Daniels / Scal
C Perkins / Sheed / Williams / Davis
SG Allen / House / Daniels
PF Garnett / Sheed / Williams / Davis

We can afford to bring him along slowly as he solves his personal issues, and if it doesn't work out, we still got Tyronn Lue in the mix. (A move I praise the Celtics for: bring in Lue on the coaching staff, have him practice with the team, and if we suddenly need a pure backup PG, we can sign him for the remainder of the season).

Re: Delonte West
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Welcome to the Blog The Intimidator!

I think most people here have a soft spot for D. West and I would agree that he certainly would fill a 'need' here, but you are probably right that the Cavs probably aren't going to make a trade with us mid-season- no matter who the players involved are. It's too bad, too.

Who do we really give up in the deal? Giddens, Walker, Scal? I don't know that we exactly have anybody that they would want, nevermind that we are rivals...who knows, it's possible and a lot of us remain hopeful that he (and Gomes) will return someday...heck, I still have hope for Walker...either way, thoughtful first post...

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I don't know about West.  I think he needs to solve his personal issues before.  Besides, I dont think the Cavs would ever trade with another contender like the Celtics.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think Cleveland would only be willing to deal with us if Lebron leaves them next year.   At this point I don't see them wanting to be trading partners with us. 

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
not sure clev would trade west for anything we could offer. why make a major rival better?

also, not sure that west would give the celtics all that much given his condition right now.

i am actually hoping that lester hudson turns out to be better than west as a player....hoping, not expecting.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
not sure clev would trade west for anything we could offer. why make a major rival better?

also, not sure that west would give the celtics all that much given his condition right now.

i am actually hoping that lester hudson turns out to be better than west as a player....hoping, not expecting.

Well he's a better ballhandler and finisher with his off hand already so that's one thing he has on the NBA's version of Jim Abbott.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
a very educated Tommy Point for you Sir

p.s.1. he gives legs too
p.s.2 theyre not making that trade tough sadly
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:44:39 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
The Cavs will not deal with us...period.  Honestly, I can't blame them.  We are what they want to be.  Why would they want to help us improve?

As for D West...I like the guy, but he has major problems right now and I wouldn't want him near my team until all of that was at least a year in the past.  He still has a major court case to deal with.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:22:29 AM »

Offline lostjumper

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Are the 3 guns he was caught with part of the deal?  ::)

No, he seems to be having some severe issues right now, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:59:42 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

No, he seems to be having some severe issues right now, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team.

Seriously, the love for this guy is bordering on insane.lol No pun intended to Delonte.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 09:04:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Seriously, the love for this guy is bordering on insane.lol No pun intended to Delonte.
If you're not looking at his off the court issues he'd be a great fit for the C's.

A combo guard who can backup the 1/2, allow House to play off the ball more, and he can defend the 2 decently. He's an average guard in the NBA talent wise. But that has immense value because he can do a little bit of everything.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 09:16:13 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Wyc Grousbeck gave birth to a cow when Telfair was found with only one gun.  West isn't coming back anytime soon.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I agree with you, Fafnir, that Delonte could be a great fit for the Celtics.  But (playing skills aside) the illness he suffers could be a life long struggle (not a quick recovery) and the team that takes him should be willing to stand behind him and his recovery for the longer term and not necessarily to their own benefit.  I am not sure if a playoff bound team would benefit from this association.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!