Author Topic: Ted Williams' severed and frozen head has been mutilated at lab.  (Read 11537 times)

Re: Ted Williams' severed and frozen head has been mutilated at lab.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The same goes for any lawsuit by the family; they may be out of time to sue (although there's an argument that the statute shouldn't run until they knew or should have known about the misconduct.)
The Supreme Court doesn't think so based on the ruling involving pay discrimination.....

This is just disgusting.

Well, it's not as simple as that.  The "discovery rule" for statute of limitations is still alive and well in a lot of settings.  I just have no idea how Arizona law would treat that.
I know, that case still ticked me off.

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Assuming the story is true, Williams' heirs have ample grounds for a civil suit against the facility where his body was stored and the indivduals involved, including restitution of the fees paid, emotional distress and all the rest.  Also, the facility will have a very difficult time drumming up any future business.

His daughter will probably do that, and she'll get money. Which is ironic becuase her and his son are the psychos that put him there in the first place.

Uh...ironhuh? Who's a psycho? I do believe having his body frozen until technology could possibly revive him was his wish. Is he a psycho too?

The Williams all agreed as a family that this would happen with Ted, some lunatic morons wanna mess with Ted's head like it's a beach ball in the facility he's supposed to be preserved in, and the family wants to sue. Did I miss something?

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Assuming the story is true, Williams' heirs have ample grounds for a civil suit against the facility where his body was stored and the indivduals involved, including restitution of the fees paid, emotional distress and all the rest.  Also, the facility will have a very difficult time drumming up any future business.

His daughter will probably do that, and she'll get money. Which is ironic becuase her and his son are the psychos that put him there in the first place.

Uh...ironhuh? Who's a psycho? I do believe having his body frozen until technology could possibly revive him was his wish. Is he a psycho too?

The Williams all agreed as a family that this would happen with Ted, some lunatic morons wanna mess with Ted's head like it's a beach ball in the facility he's supposed to be preserved in, and the family wants to sue. Did I miss something?

Well, Ted's will said he wanted to be cremated and have his ashes scattered.  Two of his children said that the will went against his later expressed wishes, and had his head frozen, while his third child fought that.  The case was far from clear cut.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Ted should have quit while he was a head.

I feel bad about the fact that I'm laughing at this joke...but I am.

same.  :-\

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
R.I.P. greatest hitter of all time.

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Well, Ted's will said he wanted to be cremated and have his ashes scattered.  Two of his children said that the will went against his later expressed wishes, and had his head frozen, while his third child fought that.  The case was far from clear cut.

Tai, think about the man that is Ted Williams, do you honestly think that he wanted to be cryogenically frozen??? you've got to be kidding me. His dumbass son wanted this done to him, and he got his father to do what he wanted, just like how he used him for all those signings in his later years.

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPV4_v_xxFo

excellent video. (from the HBO documentary)