Author Topic: Tedy Bruschi could have trouble making the team  (Read 1862 times)

Tedy Bruschi could have trouble making the team
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
According to Clayton

"The sands in Bruschi's hour glass are down to their last few granules. Reports out of Foxborough seem to be subtly preparing Patriots fans that their beloved inside linebacker is nearing the end of his career. He might not make the 53-man roster unless there's an injury. Bruschi is 36 and can't contribute much on special teams. He has been working with the second-teamers lately in practice and did not start Thursday night's preseason game, stepping aside for Gary Guyton."

I was thinking of putting this thing in the preseason notes, but it's too significant.

What I love about it is Tedy lived by BB and he'll die by BB. He's not doing the Farve thing and giving up and then saying "oops, no wait".  He's saying "I love football and I'm doing it as long as I can or as long as they let me"

And unlike Farve he doesn't act like he's owed a spot. He's actually going to do this with a reasonable amount of dignity. He won't act bitter if he gets beat out. He'll go on and either play with another team or quit. I could easily see him going to another former coach. I think both the Broncos and Chiefs will call him immediately and Mangini and the Jets two minutes later.

Re: Tedy Bruschi could have trouble making the team
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Dude looks spent.  I'd rather he hang it up than take another roid induced stroke.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
Dude looks spent.  I'd rather he hang it up than take another roid induced stroke.

Do you have any actual basis to accuse him of having a roid induced stroke? Otherwise it just seems uncalled for...Either way that comment does not come off very classy.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 10:49:49 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
that's sad. gotta love bruschi. an all-time great patriot with an all-time great name.