Author Topic: Wade's all about a winning situation in 2010.  (Read 2498 times)

Wade's all about a winning situation in 2010.
« on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61189/20090818/wade_free_agency_will_be_about_winning_situation/

I know old news but it's a hot, slow day and I like talking basketball. So I could help but think, if Miami tanks bad this year because of factors beyond Wade and Wade professes to want to go to a winner, and the Celtics win it all by keeping the band together all year, could wade end up in Boston as a championship window opener.

Hear me out.

Wade vows not to return to Miami because they don't have what it takes to win because they stunk this year.

Boston wins it all while retaining Ray Allen throughout the year but overcoming a growing Rajon Rondo's game and increasing attitude problems.

So could Boston sign and trade Ray and Rondo for a signed and traded Wade who wants to come to Boston to play with Pierce, KG and Rasheed? They could then use MLE money, however much it took to sign Steve Blake, Chris Duhon or TJ Ford if he opts out, which I doubt.

So the Celtics could start 2010 as World Champions and have a lineup of

Blake/Anthony Johnson??
Wade/Daniels/Giddens
Pierce/Walker
KG/Baby
Perk/Wallace

plus others.

And that brings me to my next question. Can a team sign and trade a player and include him in a trade to a team that is signing and trading a player back to the first team?

Re: Wade's all about a winning situation in 2010.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:14:29 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
He'll sign with a team like NY for all their loot..

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Nick, that team would fold ala the lakers' Payton, Malone, Shaq, Bryant....Another (in steven i smith and Bill Walton's words) "fo futur hal a famas" biting the dust.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61189/20090818/wade_free_agency_will_be_about_winning_situation/

I know old news but it's a hot, slow day and I like talking basketball. So I could help but think, if Miami tanks bad this year because of factors beyond Wade and Wade professes to want to go to a winner, and the Celtics win it all by keeping the band together all year, could wade end up in Boston as a championship window opener.

Hear me out.

Wade vows not to return to Miami because they don't have what it takes to win because they stunk this year.

Boston wins it all while retaining Ray Allen throughout the year but overcoming a growing Rajon Rondo's game and increasing attitude problems.

So could Boston sign and trade Ray and Rondo for a signed and traded Wade who wants to come to Boston to play with Pierce, KG and Rasheed? They could then use MLE money, however much it took to sign Steve Blake, Chris Duhon or TJ Ford if he opts out, which I doubt.

So the Celtics could start 2010 as World Champions and have a lineup of

Blake/Anthony Johnson??
Wade/Daniels/Giddens
Pierce/Walker
KG/Baby
Perk/Wallace

plus others.

And that brings me to my next question. Can a team sign and trade a player and include him in a trade to a team that is signing and trading a player back to the first team?

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would love to see Wade in a Celtics uniform and I would even consider doing a Rondo/Allen for Wade trade right now. 

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
If Wade isn't about the money like he says, maybe he'll accept less to come here?  Can we give him a multi-year deal where he would get a reasonable contract for the first year and then he can get max dollars the following years?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:47:22 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If Wade isn't about the money like he says, maybe he'll accept less to come here?  Can we give him a multi-year deal where he would get a reasonable contract for the first year and then he can get max dollars the following years?
Contracts are restricted by the percentage of a raise you can give every year. That scenario would never happen.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 09:53:47 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
The only way we'd even have a slight chance on him is if we don't re-sign Rondo and Ray after this year, and if Pierce opts out of his contract to take a considerable dip in pay. In spite of all of this, I still find myself considering what it would be like to witness Dwade in Celtics green, but I'm of the opinion that he will end up with NJ in the backcourt with Harris, but only if NJ can "net" Chris Bosh. Another team that could definitely be an option is the up and coming OKC Thunder. Durant and Wade on the same team is a scary thought for the next ten years.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
The only way we'd even have a slight chance on him is if we don't re-sign Rondo and Ray after this year, and if Pierce opts out of his contract to take a considerable dip in pay. In spite of all of this, I still find myself considering what it would be like to witness Dwade in Celtics green, but I'm of the opinion that he will end up with NJ in the backcourt with Harris, but only if NJ can "net" Chris Bosh. Another team that could definitely be an option is the up and coming OKC Thunder. Durant and Wade on the same team is a scary thought for the next ten years.

Yeah Paul would have to be willing to take a 50% paycut here. I don't see it happening.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yeah Paul would have to be willing to take a 50% paycut here. I don't see it happening.
Don't forget if Wade is really committed to playing for a winner, he could entice Miami to do a sign and trade to a winning team. Which would be my scenario.

Not a lot of proven contending teams are going to have room to just add Wade, if any, especially if the cap shrinks significantly like some predict. If Lebron stays put they won't have the space for a second max contract. New Jersey and New York probably won't be able to add to max contracts to what they have and be contenders. If Wade is convinced Miami can't win and that the teams with room just to sign him aren't good enough to contend and that winning is really more important than just signing somewhere for the money, his best bet might be to get Pat Rielly to do a sign and trade that will help add a future star(Rondo) and a player(Allen) to replace him and help Miami rebuild while allowing Wade to go to a championship caliber team.

Never know.

But what I do know is that if Miami falls flat on their face this year, yeah, they'll be able to re-sign Wade, sign Bosh, have QRich and Beasley, Cook and Chalmers. But they'll only have a bunch of vet mins after that.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
So, CAN your proposed trade really work?  You'd essentially have three concurrant S&T deals.  Is Rondo's contract going to have base-year comp complications, since he'll be coming off his rookie contract?

Wow... three player trade proposal that's probably the most complicated trade in League history.