Author Topic: Doc on Leon Powe, Rondo on Lester Hudson  (Read 1076 times)

Doc on Leon Powe, Rondo on Lester Hudson
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1183160&srvc=rss

It appears that Doc and Danny have agreed to bring Leon back once healthy (and if still available). But the bigger news for me is Rondo saying that Lester Hudson deserves a spot on the C's roster, describing the rookie as "very talented" and "very gifted". Could this be the end of Gabe Pruitt?

Re: Doc on Leon Powe, Rondo on Lester Hudson
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:29:53 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
That is not surprising. 

I think they are worried that Powe might not be ready during the season and don't want to have to waive him if they need to add another player during the season.

Re: Doc on Leon Powe, Rondo on Lester Hudson
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, Rondo's conclusion about Hudson was based upon just one play, I believe (where he broke up a pass).  I think it should take more than that for him to earn a roster spot.

I'm perfectly fine with seeing Pruitt go, though.

As for Powe, I think Doc would have preferred to have him back now, rather than waiting and hoping another team doesn't sign him in February.  However, he's got to publicly support Danny's decisions.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions