Author Topic: The Slow Squad  (Read 2938 times)

The Slow Squad
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
We seriously need to consider a name change. Rasheed will be a great addition, but you can't have him & BBD as backups. What the hell is going on? Lakers will run us out of the building. Pierce is a turtle, KG has wobbly legs, Ray can't jump........ Pretty soon we will have a retirement home for an organization. It great to have Vets, but also strike a balance. offset the vet presence with some youth & speed. Give Rondo a partner in crime. A guy or two to speed up the game when needed, and still produce in half court sets. Need4Speed.

Re: The Slow Squad
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Ray can jump! Pierce is quick enough, so is KG. Plus the lakers aren't full of speed

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:43:16 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
First off Ray probably has the highest vert on the team (besides rondo). And the Lakers aren't necessarily a fast team.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
BBD is young and energetic and quick for a PF.  Perk is young.  Rondo is young and athletic.  We also have some athletic rookies on the bench. If we add someone like Matt Barnes or Travis Outlaw, we'll be fine.  
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
BBD is young and energetic and quick for a PF.  Perk is young.  Rondo is young and athletic.  We also have some athletic rookies on the bench. If we add someone like Matt Barnes or Travis Outlaw, we'll be fine.  

Come on BBD is 300+lb man in a guards body. You can't count on the trio (Bill, JR, Gabe), at least Doc won't. If they are our solution for youth, next season could be disappointing for Celtics fans.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
plus, as you note bbd and wallace will come off the bench. the lakes bench is not filled with "rabbits" to boston "turtles."

house, starbury, davis do not have pianos strapped to their backs.

i dont see this as a real concern.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Disagree with everything in this thread.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
Disagree with everything in this thread.
I disagree.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
you are crazy...nobody on LA can keep up with rondo....when pierce is rested and ready he is fine...the lakers are still the lakers that boston dismantled

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
We seriously need to consider a name change. Rasheed will be a great addition, but you can't have him & BBD as backups. What the hell is going on? Lakers will run us out of the building. Pierce is a turtle, KG has wobbly legs, Ray can't jump........ Pretty soon we will have a retirement home for an organization. It great to have Vets, but also strike a balance. offset the vet presence with some youth & speed. Give Rondo a partner in crime. A guy or two to speed up the game when needed, and still produce in half court sets. Need4Speed.

Huh? Isn't half our roster 25 years of age or under?
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Is this a Gerald Green thread?
 ;D

now in serious business uf rondo wants to run
he better run fast...by himself
or with walker
or alone
or with walker
or alone........
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 01:53:53 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Rondo
Hudson
Giddens
Walker
Mikki

Runnin', gunnin' 9 win team.

Maybe get that sprinter Bolt from Jamaica and bring back Gerald.

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:37 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Rondo
Hudson
Giddens
Walker
Mikki

Runnin', gunnin' 9 win team.

Maybe get that sprinter Bolt from Jamaica and bring back Gerald.

he probably has a better bball IQ

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 02:23:25 AM »

Offline vitaminC

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • An Essential Nutrient

Our back court is fast/athletic enough. Ray doesn't finish above the rim but he can move, and i think rondo is top 3 fastest in the league.

Pierce has never relied on speed, so we don't have to worry about him not having it all of a sudden.

Kg was one of the most, if not the most, athletic big in the league prior to his injury. And I would still bet on him over most bigs in terms of speed/agility.

Perk has never been too slow to defend the center spot. he moves his feet well.

Sheed is a center, im fine without speed there. who are the quick centers besides dwight? Does bosh play center now?

Who's speed is worrying on the lakers? Fisher is slow. Bynum is slow. i guess kobe has the athletic advantage over ray, but besides that its even enough not to make a difference. Speed wise Artest = pierce.

We're not a fastbreak alleyoop catching on espn top ten plays team. but we can win in other ways....and the lakers aren't either.

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 02:51:58 AM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4

Is this a Gerald Green thread?
 ;D

now in serious business uf rondo wants to run
he better run fast...by himself
or with walker
or alone
or with walker
or alone........

This disappoints me... I was all ready to post a great line about Gerald having the best hops on our team when I scroll down to see this.  Totally took the wind out of my sails.

Anyway, TP for beating me to the Gerald line.  I really do miss him. ::)