Author Topic: Tim Thomas is interested in joining the C's?  (Read 7759 times)

Re: Tim Thomas is interested in joining the C's?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I guess my problem is that if, "he's a guy that needs some  motivation", then why are we remotely interested? This is supposed to be professional basketball, isnt it? All the talent in the world doesnt compensate for chronic laziness, lousy work ethic and a poor attitude.

Let someone else waste their money.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
I hate to always site this book, but they do a nice job of talking of the enigma that is Tim Thomas in Seven Seconds or Less.  I really don't want him, not a bad guy by any means but he's never tried.  We were good last year because everyone gave maximum effort that played, we can't afford to have guys not playing hard every second of the game.  Especially with LeBron a year older, the Magic with confidence and the up and coming Bobcats.  Alright I made the last one up but they do always play us hard. 

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 10:52:06 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I guess my problem is that if, "he's a guy that needs some  motivation", then why are we remotely interested? This is supposed to be professional basketball, isnt it? All the talent in the world doesnt compensate for chronic laziness, lousy work ethic and a poor attitude.

Let someone else waste their money.
As a minimum salary vet on the bench he'd be fine. But to give up anything for him or give him any money beyond that would be foolish.

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Fallback option. Nothing more than that.

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 01:53:19 AM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
well tim thomas played great 3  or 4 years ago with the suns.  so why not?
He will either play hard or KG will eat him alive for breakfast lol!!!  Lazy guys don't wake  up and say, "gee i'd like to share a locker room with KG" 

6 10 veteran that can shoot?  yes please:)

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 03:35:09 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Give me Employee#8 over this clown. What could he offer beside camping out at the 3point line. A big who never goes inside, NEXT! At least Toine can handle the ball, and has some post moves. This guy offers nothing. Chicago could have played him in the playoffs, but dude is a liability defensively.

Tim's rebounding numbers are atrocious for a PF, PASS!

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 05:30:22 AM »

Offline Galiza Ceive

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
For the same role (5th big with some shoot range) I would prefer Scal at this point.
I hope he will be traded, waived and resigned with the Celtics for the veteran minimum.