Author Topic: Tell me about your High School Experience  (Read 1529 times)

Tell me about your High School Experience
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Class of 2002 baby…

I was probably deserving of the superlative “most talkative” as I have always been an outspoken individual. The biggest difference between middle and high school for me was sports and music.

In Middle school I was huge into sports. I played basketball for the traveling all-star team (Wilmington, MA) and carried on the love of the Celtics (and other pro/college teams in the city of Boston) that I had developed in elementary school. 

In high school I got more into music. I was in a band that sold over 2000 albums, played major venues and opened up for national acts. Pretty cool stuff.

I was happy and naive in high school. I was always trying to make people laugh but I still managed to have a very good relationship with the majority of my teachers. I would get involved in class discussions and would like to think I brought something to the table from time to time that was appreciated (just not my homework). In fact, I was asked by a former teaching to come back and substitute for his class when he was on vacation. I graciously acceptedbut will tell you it wasn’t pleasant. I learned through experience in class management, start off tight then loosen up slowely.

I wasn't much of a partier although I experimented and drank sometimes. I went a little nuts my senior year and ended up with a 2.7 GPA which is crap but I had a blast. Naturally College was when I was able to balance fun and work a little better raising my GPA to a respectable level.

I just felt like reflecting and reading others experience.

Re: Tell me about your High School Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 03:47:13 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
This is what happens when Danny goes on vacation and Manny doesn't get traded.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
This is what happens when Danny goes on vacation and Manny doesn't get traded.  ;)

Hahahaha it's been a slow day...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I think so ha-ha. I had a "what's your occupation" thread a couple months back that was a hit.

I guess High School is just to far back for you old timers ;D