Author Topic: Fres-no...Fres-yes!  (Read 1685 times)

Fres-no...Fres-yes!
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Fresno State clinched what has been a pretty exciting 2008 College World Series tonight.  This is a team that wouldn't have even made the tournament without an automatic bid (they won the WAC) and had an RPI of 89 before the tournament started.  Although not nearly as exciting as Villanova's run in '85, they are statistically the biggest cinderella champions in NCAA history.  Just a ridiculous run, and very cool to witness.  It gives hope to all underdogs, regardless of sport.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/more/06/25/bc.bbo.cws.finals.ap/index.html?eref=T1
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Re: Fres-no...Fres-yes!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:44:02 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yup ... this was a great series and an amazing "beat the odds" team ... congrats to Fresno State! Great story!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Fres-no...Fres-yes!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:50:14 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I still don't really care too much about college baseball, but I'll give ya a TP for the thread title.  You should work for the Globe or Herald!
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."