Author Topic: Kudos for Posey  (Read 3622 times)

Kudos for Posey
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:19 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
While the rest of the Celtics were busy looking like scared children James Posey stepped up late and gave the Celtics a chance to win this game.  When Pierce fouled out & even right before that the Celtics were playing with such desperation that they were completely out of control.  With FIVE MINUTES LEFT still.

The C's actually played better with Posey out there, and Pierce on the pine (not that I'd like Pierce out).

He hit a huge 3.  Made a clutch steal and forced the Hawks to throw up some crazy shots at the 24 second buzzer.

He should be out there in the 4th.  Period.  Don't really care who has to sit (P.J. Brown for starters...file that one in the Doc venting thread)
Yup

Re: Kudos for Posey
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics play better with Posey out there right now is that he is a defensive player. 

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:45:01 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
if anyone was gonna shoot a 3 for me down the stretch in that game, it would have been posey.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
TP for this post my friend.
Posey is tough.

How 'bout a little backbone on the road? This is pathetic.

Tony would be a real help in these games alongside Posey. Pierce gets flustered and Ray just doesn't seem to be clutch. Let's hope we can get thru this and start rolling.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »

Offline Green Pride

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
posey's the only guy on the roster with a ring -- not a coincidence. he is such a sound player -- he might be the best in the world at drawing charges. we are lucky to have him.

on another topic, mcgrady has 28 before halftime.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
TP for you, Redz.

Posey seemed to be our best player in any of our losses so far. Blame who you want, but Posey was great.

I even feel more comfortable with Posey in for either Ray or Pierce.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
posey's the only guy on the roster with a ring -- not a coincidence. he is such a sound player -- he might be the best in the world at drawing charges. we are lucky to have him.

on another topic, mcgrady has 28 before halftime.

Wow, I was about to drag myself away from the computer and go to bed.  Maybe I'll go check that out instead.

SLEEP SHMEEP!
Yup

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
While the rest of the Celtics were busy looking like scared children James Posey stepped up late and gave the Celtics a chance to win this game.  When Pierce fouled out & even right before that the Celtics were playing with such desperation that they were completely out of control.  With FIVE MINUTES LEFT still.

The C's actually played better with Posey out there, and Pierce on the pine (not that I'd like Pierce out).

He hit a huge 3.  Made a clutch steal and forced the Hawks to throw up some crazy shots at the 24 second buzzer.

He should be out there in the 4th.  Period.  Don't really care who has to sit (P.J. Brown for starters...file that one in the Doc venting thread)
All the things you mentioned about James Posey,are things he did back in 2006 to help the Heat win their championship.I said all season in a few threads,he is key,and most ignored it,but i go with proven winners.He has showed me,he is the man,and should be called Big Shot James at times.I always felt,he should be playing a starting role somewhere,but i know Pierce is the man here.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 10:11:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
Agreed with the sentiments here.  Posey seems unflustered by what's going on and has been playing consistently well this series.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 10:18:12 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
The theory of going with proven winners poses the question of a possible flaw in the C's strategy. 

If you collect together some of the most talented, aging players who have managed to  never win it all, are you setting yourself up for a team with players who are more likely to suffer a collapse--and when bound up together, a monumental collapse at that?

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Agreed; Both in this series as well as since he joined, Poze has been a rock of consistancy for the team, on both ends of the floor! That BIG 3 he hit was with a defender draped all over him, and BANG!

Major props is deserved to Sweet Baby James, for his total game which he brings consistantly, every game!

Can he play more minutes and still be as effective, I'm not so sure...
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"