Author Topic: The GOAT’s Scapegoat  (Read 4253 times)

Re: The GOAT’s Scapegoat
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2024, 07:49:54 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1216
Did people boo his widow, or did they boo him and his widow was there and (understandably) was upset by it? Because those are totally different things.

Was she being shown at all/were most fans even aware she was there? Did they show a picture/video of Krause and people booed that, with his widow not being mentioned/shown, or was she used as a stand-in for him? Because the former I don't necessarily see as classless, but if people were booing her that's inexcusable
I'm bitter.

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2024, 08:05:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
Did people boo his widow, or did they boo him and his widow was there and (understandably) was upset by it? Because those are totally different things.

Was she being shown at all/were most fans even aware she was there? Did they show a picture/video of Krause and people booed that, with his widow not being mentioned/shown, or was she used as a stand-in for him? Because the former I don't necessarily see as classless, but if people were booing her that's inexcusable

She was there representing him. At least some, if not all, of the fans were aware of this as she was on the court. Ron Harper comforted her. There is a picture earlier in thread

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2024, 08:18:11 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 180
Michael Jordan is meh, and the Bulls will never win another championship again.

I’m sorry but it’s not a meh scenario. Krause’s widow was at the ceremony, those boo’s devastated her.

Jordan was entitled to his opinion.  The fans are responsible for their own actions.

of course you can. They follow the lead of their idols

Weak argument that allows people to avoid personal responsibility.  Is Jordan disrespecting Krause's widow?
Not at all. Those people thought they were honoring Jordan because all the Jordan-philes hear from MJ is Krause is evil, Krause is why I left, etc. It poisons the well. Words matter and Jordan poisoned Bulls fan to Krause. It is pretty similar to the January 6th people and Trump. Acting like Trump didn't create the factors that led to that is just wrong.

So you don't believe in personal responsibility.

Weird that Jordan's brainwashing magic didn't extend to Chicago fans hating Scottie Pippen.
of course there is personal responsibility but in those fans mind they are supporting their idol and didn't think they did anything wrong.  You can't create the situation and then act like nothing happened.
Where did Jordan say. "You honor me when you hate people who I didn't like"? This is ridiculous.

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2024, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
Just some more facts to stop the random last dance and Jordan are responsible for adults booing nonsense:

Scottie Pippen, 1995, describing why he wanted to be traded: “The relationship between Krause and me is hate. Trade me or Krause. They could send me anywhere. Nowhere would be as bad as here.

Phil Jackson, 1997, describing why Krause was the only key member of the team for whom he would not buy a book: “In the end, I didn't buy him anything because I couldn't find it in myself to give him something of value.”

When Krause arrived back in Chicago in 1985, he and Jordan got off to the wrong foot, literally. In Jordan’s second season, Krause tried to use MJ’s broken foot and extended recovery as an opportunity to improve the team’s draft position. In the subsequent 12 seasons of Chicago Bulls basketball, Krause made enemies with his word and his deed. On the eve of the 1998 season, he dropped his most famous, and most misquoted, statement: “Organizations win championships11.”

“What I said was, correctly, ‘Players and coaches alone don’t win championships. Organizations do.’ That’s true,” Krause said last month in an interview with Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

But I mean, hey there was a documentary and if you hate Jordan it’s a cool narrative… can probably get some people under 30 to believe it.

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2024, 11:50:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
Michael Jordan is meh, and the Bulls will never win another championship again.

I’m sorry but it’s not a meh scenario. Krause’s widow was at the ceremony, those boo’s devastated her.

Jordan was entitled to his opinion.  The fans are responsible for their own actions.

of course you can. They follow the lead of their idols

Weak argument that allows people to avoid personal responsibility.  Is Jordan disrespecting Krause's widow?
Not at all. Those people thought they were honoring Jordan because all the Jordan-philes hear from MJ is Krause is evil, Krause is why I left, etc. It poisons the well. Words matter and Jordan poisoned Bulls fan to Krause. It is pretty similar to the January 6th people and Trump. Acting like Trump didn't create the factors that led to that is just wrong.

Extremely wild comparison Mo. I'll give you a tommy point for the sheer chaos of it. If you can find a way to compare MJ fans with holocaust deniers I will give you 5 more.
The Last Dance was 3 years ago though.  It was recent and portrayed Krause as the villain and man basically solely responsible for the Bulls break up.  It was also fiction, but that is the narrative that was created moatly by MJ, but with Phil and Pip feeding in, and that is why Krause could get booed at the Ring of Honor.

I really don’t understand how you think bulls fans started disliking Krause three years ago. There have been numerous resources shared that showed this was true 20+ years ago. I get you are a Lebron guy and want to bash Jordan but this isn’t in the ballpark of logical.
I never said nor implied that. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip