Author Topic: The Pritchard situation:  (Read 5470 times)

Re: The Pritchard situation:
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2023, 09:09:52 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
Hope the game against the hornets was a start for pritchard. If he, Horford and Hauser can all hit their last season average from 3 this bench actually starts to look decent.

We do really need those bench guys hitting shots. I really like it when Joe expands the rotation.
The inconsistency of the bench from game-to-game is killing them right now. Horford finds the fountain of youth, then loses it the next game. Hauser looks great and Pritchard can't buy a shot. Next game, they change places with Hauser clanking shots and Pritchard looking superb.....I guess most teams have inconsistent benches.

This is actually the answer.  And the teams that don’t usually have weak starting lineups.

Joe needs to learn when to ride the hot hand. Against the Hornets, the bench should've been kept in longer. Everyone on the bench had great +/-...

Brissett +17

Kornet +25

Pritchard +16

Mykhailiuk +7

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2023, 09:36:18 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
I feel that Pritchard has been just fine so far this season and I expect at worst for him to continue but likely he will get a little more consistent.  His shooting has been poor so far, only 30.6% from 3, vs. a career mark of 39.4%.  I expect that he will trend back towards his career level (he is 41.4% in the last 7 games).

His overall play has been very solid, everything you can ask for from a back up guard.  He is playing decent defense, taking care of the ball (low turnovers), getting rebounds, and in general, injecting energy.  He is +93 overall, even with his bad shooting.  He is kind of like White was when he first got here, poor shooting but helping the team in a positive way when on the court.

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2023, 10:45:14 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm not seeing the issue yet.  He's averaging 21MPG and in those, 6.1PPG, 3.3APG, and 3.4RPG.  While I'd like to see his 3P% go up, it's no time to panic.  When it does get time to panic, JD is off to a decent start for Maine; 34MPG, 25.3PPG, 10.3APG, and 6.0RPG.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2023, 01:06:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
I feel that Pritchard has been just fine so far this season and I expect at worst for him to continue but likely he will get a little more consistent.  His shooting has been poor so far, only 30.6% from 3, vs. a career mark of 39.4%.  I expect that he will trend back towards his career level (he is 41.4% in the last 7 games).

His overall play has been very solid, everything you can ask for from a back up guard.  He is playing decent defense, taking care of the ball (low turnovers), getting rebounds, and in general, injecting energy.  He is +93 overall, even with his bad shooting.  He is kind of like White was when he first got here, poor shooting but helping the team in a positive way when on the court.

I think he's a weapon.  I think opposing teams thought they were going to be able to take advantage of Payton and Sam, and they are finding it isn't as easy as they thought.  Yes - sometime PP's size has been detrimental, but his energy and general peskiness has made him someone that opposing teams don't really love to see.  And he will absolutely get more consistent with his long-range shooting.  And his rebounding has been terrific.

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2023, 01:35:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I'm not seeing the issue yet.  He's averaging 21MPG and in those, 6.1PPG, 3.3APG, and 3.4RPG.  While I'd like to see his 3P% go up, it's no time to panic.  When it does get time to panic, JD is off to a decent start for Maine; 34MPG, 25.3PPG, 10.3APG, and 6.0RPG.

I would love to see more of JD but I doubt he's under consideration for any playoff minutes. First off, he'd have to be switched to a regular contract just to be eligible. Secondly, he's not even a regular rotation guy right now.

From what I've seen of Banton, I don't think a potential Pritchard alternative/replacement is on the roster currently.

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2023, 10:10:40 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 385
Pritchard didn't forget how to shoot. Have to think over a long season his averages will go back to the median.

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2023, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Pritchard surprised me with his defense, I knew he had the dog mentality,  but he is realy a smart collectiv defender. He has improved in assists looking more as a PG than  a too small SG.  3astin 20 minutes still not a huge number.
 I am still believing hardly it isn't enough to fill our roster needs in PO. His lack of size and atleticism may hurt in higher intensity basketball. Can t go to the basket, cant really create his shoot, lack of size downgrade his feeling for the rebound and upgrade the possibilty to be cibled in more tactics and physical games. His shooting mat also have been better because he played mostly scrubbs in garbage time last yeat.

Hope I am wrong but I hope we find à trade for a guard like Caruso. Brad should give us all the tools to win it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 01:51:35 PM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2023, 02:15:45 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 982
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Pritchard surprised me with his defense, I knew he had the dog mentality,  but he is realy a smart collectiv defender. He has improved in assists looking more as a PG than  a too small SG.  3astin 20 minutes still not a huge number.
 I am still believing hardly it isn't enough to fill our roster needs in PO. His lack of size and atleticism may hurt in higher intensity basketball. Can t go to the basket, cant really create his shoot, lack of size downgrade his feeling for the rebound and upgrade the possibilty to be cibled in more tactics and physical games. His shooting mat also have been better because he played mostly scrubbs in garbage time last yeat.

Hope I am wrong but I hope we find à trade for a guard like Caruso. Brad should give us all the tools to win it.
Pritchard has the 3rd highest +/- per 100 possessions at +12.0, behind Holiday (+12.5) and White (+16.0). Tatum is 4th at +10.7

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2023, 04:37:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

Pritchard is not too far off Jrue or D White in assists relative to minutes played / assists per minute.

D White 5.7 assists per 36 minutes
Jrue 5.4 assists per 36 minutes
Pritchard 5.1 assists per 36 minutes

Tatum is next at 4.0 per 36 min.