Author Topic: Pelicans (25-16) at Celtics (29-12) Game #42 1/11/23  (Read 9889 times)

Re: Pelicans (25-16) at Celtics (29-12) Game #42 1/11/23
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2023, 11:42:14 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4601
Still mad about Tatum having a fit and not getting back on defense last night.

He should sit the next time that happens. He's not above the team and needs to work just like the rest who are on the court.

Sick of his constant whining. He's almost as bad as Lebron

About when did this happen?  I've seen this tweet about it, want to watch the play, but Tatum had 0 turnovers, so not even sure where to look.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2023, 11:46:05 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580

He should sit the next time that happens. He's not above the team and needs to work just like the rest who are on the court.

About when did this happen?  I've seen this tweet about it, want to watch the play, but Tatum had 0 turnovers, so not even sure where to look.

It wasn't a turnover, he got either stripped on a layup or just missed the layup, thought he was fouled, and pouted a bit allowing NOP to get a fats break bucket.

That stinks, but when you score 30+ a game and are an MVP candidate I think you are allowed 1 of those a game.

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2023, 12:01:11 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622

It wasn't a turnover, he got either stripped on a layup or just missed the layup, thought he was fouled, and pouted a bit allowing NOP to get a fats break bucket.

That stinks, but when you score 30+ a game and are an MVP candidate I think you are allowed 1 of those a game.

What happens if others start to feel this is a proper way to play and instead of one instance we have multiple by more than one player?

I'd be pretty annoyed if I'm another player busting my butt on defense only to see our leader decide the efforts isn't all that important.

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but Tatum is the leader of this team and as such he needs to act like one.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2023, 12:14:03 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas

What happens if others start to feel this is a proper way to play and instead of one instance we have multiple by more than one player?

I'd be pretty annoyed if I'm another player busting my butt on defense only to see our leader decide the efforts isn't all that important.

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but Tatum is the leader of this team and as such he needs to act like one.

Is this the play?

https://streamable.com/h70zii

If so, not as egregious as I was expecting, but ya definitely didn't help the squad there.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2023, 12:15:50 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

No, he basically stayed behind so long you would've thought he was on the court injured.

Is this the play?

If so, not as egregious as I was expecting, but ya definitely didn't help the squad there.

no. It was much worse.

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2023, 12:37:00 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas

No, he basically stayed behind so long you would've thought he was on the court injured.

Is this the play?

no. It was much worse.

Give me some help finding it please.  Anything that would help me find it, quarter, score, who benefited, what the play was recorded as (missed shot by Tatum, Tatum's shot blocked, basket by McCollum, etc.).

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2023, 12:50:35 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

Is this the play?

no. It was much worse.

Give me some help finding it please.  Anything that would help me find it, quarter, score, who benefited, what the play was recorded as (missed shot by Tatum, Tatum's shot blocked, basket by McCollum, etc.).

3rd qtr with 5:44 to go. Doesn't show until 5:34 mark at the other end.

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2023, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas

Is this the play?

no. It was much worse.

3rd qtr with 5:44 to go. Doesn't show until 5:34 mark at the other end.

https://streamable.com/vszfzr

Ya this is worse (though practically the same thing, 5-on-4 leads to putback score).

And adding it to the earlier example I posted, definitely not a good look.