Author Topic: Celtics needs bench help badly!!  (Read 3788 times)

Re: Celtics needs bench help badly!!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Agree, bench has been pretty brutal, but these guys we drafted aren't going to get really comfortable til they're playing 20 minutes a game.  That's not going to happen with our starters, nor should it.
The idea I would try, radical perhaps, is take out the starters all at once around the 4 minute mark and put in our summer league team en masse.  Time Lord, GW, JavG, Carsen, and ****ers.  They played SO WELL as a group, with great cohesiveness!  Let them play for about 8 minutes, and then bring the starters back.  It would give them a routine 16 min a game, and keep the starter fresh at about 32 min.  The young guys would be able to play "their games", not feel like they have to just pass the ball to the starter or two that is always kept in the game with them.
Just a thought!

The C's would fall behind 15 points at least in those 16 minutes.  You have to have a mix of starters and bench.  We get healthy, then I agree 1 more veteran big, probably PF type, that can clean the glass and protect the paint and not be a huge liability on D would be the ticket.

Re: Celtics needs bench help badly!!
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 12:29:35 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
ideally, GWill and Edwards start finding the mark consistently where they can be relied on scoring double digits if getting extended minutes.  if that happens, I think we're just fine.  Green can also provide an offensive spark.

what I'm more concerned with is a legit-sized PF off the bench

With the cap situation of the Celts right now, that's very hard to find.

doesn't change it from being what concerns me most

I think your concerns will be addressed on or before the trade deadline.

Dec. 15 is just 2 weeks away.

The problem with making a move when the Celts are on pace to win 60 games is it might ruin what the Celts have going right now.

But I do agree that sooner or later Ainge will have to make a move for the playoffs.