Author Topic: Caitlin Clark  (Read 3330 times)

Caitlin Clark
« on: May 18, 2024, 01:21:32 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
I must admit I have never watched more than a few minutes of a WNBA game just flipping through channels. I guess I watched Sue Bird a little bit at the very end of her career. I tuned on today to see what the Caitlin Clark fuss was about (I did watch some womens college basketball this past year). Anyone else watching this at all or interested? She is having a very nice first quarter and has already hit a few threes (maybe 3?).

Re: Caitlin Clark
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 01:36:54 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1405
I've been following her career since last season, not super closely but I made a point to read up on how Iowa did this past season and I've been reading up on how she's been doing in the WNBA. It's obviously a step up in quality from college ball and she's struggling a little with the increased defensive intensity and been turning the ball over but I think she will figure it out  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 09:33:33 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1623
I must admit I have never watched more than a few minutes of a WNBA game just flipping through channels. I guess I watched Sue Bird a little bit at the very end of her career. I tuned on today to see what the Caitlin Clark fuss was about (I did watch some womens college basketball this past year). Anyone else watching this at all or interested? She is having a very nice first quarter and has already hit a few threes (maybe 3?).

dony watch college basketball?mens but not womens?  if not i understand. we(LSU women) beat her in the natty last year and she played again this year and lost to carolina. she is a great shooter and player.

i am always watching girls softball because i have coached it forever and have a couple girls who still play/played. so i do watch some girls roundball as well in case you were wondering why i like CERTAIN womens sports since i am a man . lol.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 09:37:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
I will say, the new rookie class (Clark, Brink, Reese, Jackson, etc.) have really added a ton of buzz into the WNBA which is great for the sport and women's sports in general. I don't remember the WNBA or even women's college hoops having this much buzz and excitement.

It's been an adjustment for Clark for sure, but that Indiana team needs a lot more help around her. I saw some of today's game and I mean, she balled out but the team fell behind by 20+ very early on.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller