Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 662495 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #10200 on: June 10, 2024, 03:06:19 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1037
Just have LeBron coach and play.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10201 on: June 10, 2024, 03:40:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2438
Luka taking responsibility for Gm 2 loss.

"I think my turnovers and my missed free throws cost us the game," Doncic said. "So, I've got to do way better in those two categories.

Kyrie thinks he is to blame

"He's not alone, and we are going to tell him that," Irving said of Doncic. "He's spilling into his emotions, feels like he could play better, just like me. I would take the brunt of the responsibility. The first two games weren't the best for me."

« Reply #10202 on: June 10, 2024, 04:19:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1037
Darvin Ham to become Bucks' top assistant coach serving HC Doc Rivers per Woj.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10203 on: June 10, 2024, 04:31:41 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2998
Luka taking responsibility for Gm 2 loss.

"I think my turnovers and my missed free throws cost us the game," Doncic said. "So, I've got to do way better in those two categories.

Kyrie thinks he is to blame

"He's not alone, and we are going to tell him that," Irving said of Doncic. "He's spilling into his emotions, feels like he could play better, just like me. I would take the brunt of the responsibility. The first two games weren't the best for me."

They?re both right, but it?s as much about their poor perimeter defense as their offensive issues.

Was listening to a podcast this morning, and if I remember right they said Luka gave up the most blow-bys by any player this season in game two.

And yet there?s people on Twitter defending his defense saying that it?s just part of their gap defense for him to get blown by and run them off the three point line 🙄

« Reply #10204 on: June 10, 2024, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1565
How funny would it be if Dan Gilbert opened up the checkbook and gave Hurley basically a blank check to coach the Cavs.  15+ million a year or something.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10205 on: Yesterday at 01:47:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
NY Post saying OKC is going to make a run at Hartenstein in free agency.

G: SGA, Cason
G: Dort
F: Jalen Williams, Giddey
F: Chet
C: Hartenstein

Nice top 7.

« Reply #10206 on: Yesterday at 01:53:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1399

Nice top 7.

Honestly with how many picks they have it seems like they can do a better upgrade than that via either trade or free agency. I would also be curious if they could get anything reasonable for Giddey or if his value has gone down a lot. He was absolutely brutal against the Mavs shooting 18% from 3 on about 3 dare you to shoot attempts a game. I don't think he is a good fit for major minutes alongside SGA as he is best with ball in his hands. Sure he can be a bench guy with less minutes with SGA, but do some teams view him as having more value than that?

« Reply #10207 on: Yesterday at 02:02:43 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

Nice top 7.

Honestly with how many picks they have it seems like they can do a better upgrade than that via either trade or free agency. I would also be curious if they could get anything reasonable for Giddey or if his value has gone down a lot. He was absolutely brutal against the Mavs shooting 18% from 3 on about 3 dare you to shoot attempts a game. I don't think he is a good fit for major minutes alongside SGA as he is best with ball in his hands. Sure he can be a bench guy with less minutes with SGA, but do some teams view him as having more value than that?

It?s a copycat league, and teams are going to try to copy the Celtics, with 5 shooters who can defend and create on the court at the same time.  Giddey isn?t that guy, and his value will definitely be down.  That said, Hartenstein isn?t that guy either, so OKC may still be trying to go their own way.

« Reply #10208 on: Yesterday at 02:14:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1565

Nice top 7.

It?s a copycat league, and teams are going to try to copy the Celtics, with 5 shooters who can defend and create on the court at the same time.  Giddey isn?t that guy, and his value will definitely be down.  That said, Hartenstein isn?t that guy either, so OKC may still be trying to go their own way.
theybhave cap room and Hartenstein is the best free agent big. It makes sense.

I do agree with clay though that they should.be thinking bigger with all the draft picks.  Not sure what that is, but they do need to do something. Even though the fit isn't great, if Garland or Mitchell becomes available the Thunder should be interested and with SGA's size they could work OK defensively if they could get the offensive fit right.  If Randle becomes available, he'd be interesting.  Same with Paul George. 

How about this 3 team trade (pre-supposes Mitchell signs an extension in Cleveland)

Cleveland - Butler, Giddey, okc 1st
Miami - Garland, K. Williams, Dieng, Niang
OKC - Herro, Martin
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10209 on: Yesterday at 02:38:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Luka on track to lead all players in the playoffs in points, rebounds and assists. He would be the 2nd to do so after Jokic last year.

Interestingly, Walton led all players in rebounds & assists but lost out on points to Julius Erving in 1977. Wilt did the same in 1967 but lost in points to Rick Barry. Bill Russell did this twice in 1965 and 1966 but missed out on points both times to Jerry West. LeBron also did likewise in the Bubble Championship but missed out on points to his teammate Anthony Davis.

LeBron missed out on rebounds to Kevin Love in the Cavs title runs. He missed out on rebounds to Tim Duncan during the meetings with the Spurs. To Rondo in assist in 2012. To Duncan in rebounds in 2007. Oh missed rebounds to Draymond Green one year too. Draymond had rebounds and assists like Russell, Walton and Wilt but not points in 2019 (Raptors title).

Bird had points 3x and points + rebounds twice but never assists. Magic never had the rebound title. Or the scoring title. Only the leader in assists which Magic did 9x.

« Reply #10210 on: Yesterday at 02:43:11 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 500

Nice top 7.

I wonder if Giddey's destiny is as a 6th man until he learns to shoot. He could help some teams coming off the bench, especially during the regular season. His value will probably plummet every offseason when his ability to contribute off ball has a spotlight shone on it.
#JKJB