Author Topic: 76ers Have Promised Simmons He Will Be #1 Pick  (Read 754 times)

76ers Have Promised Simmons He Will Be #1 Pick
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2016/story/_/id/16394035/ben-simmons-told-no-1-overall-pick-philadelphia-76ers

So I guess that means LAL takes Ingram and the Celtics will hold all the cards with #3.

I really hope they trade for Butler but I don't see it happening.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: 76ers Have Promised Simmons He Will Be #1 Pick
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:32:09 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Finally feel close to 100% confident that he won't be playing for the LA Lakers. It's been a deep, dark fear in the back of my mind for months. Couldn't take that happening. Not over the moon about the 76ers getting him but they aren't the Lakers and that's good enough for me.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2512
Finally feel close to 100% confident that he won't be playing for the LA Lakers. It's been a deep, dark fear in the back of my mind for months. Couldn't take that happening. Not over the moon about the 76ers getting him but they aren't the Lakers and that's good enough for me.

Honesty, Ingram might be the better prospect anyways. If he gains weight he should be a very well-rounded player. But obviously he has had trouble there.

I love Simmons' passing and his athleticism, but his defense, wingspan, attitude, and his lack of a jump shot are all serious concerns. I think he projects to be a Blake Griffin or Amare Stoudemire-type player. Same body type and athleticism, same concerns, especially on the defensive end. Being potentially as good as Blake or Amare sounds great at first, but those players aren't "go-to guys," and they certainly are not defensive stoppers.

It's going to be tough for him to manufacture offense in the half-court at the next level. And athleticism alone won't be enough on D.

So while Simmons could be a very good player, he could be more the "ESPN highlight reel" type of star and not the type that wins championships.

Just my two cents...

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm still holding out hope the Lakers trade #2 to Philly so that Ingram falls to #3.