Author Topic: Media Speculation: Gibson for Bradley?  (Read 10407 times)

Re: Media Speculation: Gibson for Bradley?
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 563
Taj doesn't move the needle

He'll fit right in.
Exactly right.  We don't need meaningless trades.  If Ainge was willing to significantly overpay for Winslow, he needs to make a godfather offer to the Kings for Cousins or to Philly for one of their bigs. 

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Not but himself, but is a move that improves the front court, if they signed Monroe and Harris to go along with Gibson then that moves the needle. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Not but himself, but is a move that improves the front court, if they signed Monroe and Harris to go along with Gibson then that moves the needle. 
but it would be Monroe and Harris moving the needle, not Gibson.  Gibson's an ok player.  I equate his talent level with Bass

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 03:42:10 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

but it would be Monroe and Harris moving the needle, not Gibson.  Gibson's an ok player.  I equate his talent level with Bass

Gibson's shot blocking ability and ability to play the 5 in small lineups helps the Celts move the needle, by adding others to him it moves the needle even further.  If the Celts sign Monroe and Harris they still would not have a rim protector (other then Mickey), if the Celtics sign Robin Lopez then I agree that Gibson might not be the best add.

Something has to give with all these guards, I think getting Gibson and McBuckets for Bradley would improve the Celts. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 03:49:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Gibson's shot blocking ability and ability to play the 5 in small lineups helps the Celts move the needle, by adding others to him it moves the needle even further.  If the Celts sign Monroe and Harris they still would not have a rim protector (other then Mickey), if the Celtics sign Robin Lopez then I agree that Gibson might not be the best add.

Something has to give with all these guards, I think getting Gibson and McBuckets for Bradley would improve the Celts.

Agree and tommy point!!

If the Celts can get Harris and Monroe, then Gibson fits like a glove.

We get rid of Bradley and his hot and cold shooting and get a defensive power forward to be a disruption for other teams in the paint.

Taj and Monroe would complement each other VERY nicely.

Seriously, if we can get Harris, Monroe and Gibson along with getting rid of Bradley and getting a more consistent shooter at the 2, I'd be very happy.

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Gibson actually couldn't be any more different than Bass.

Bass is an undersized power forward with a mid range shooter who wasn't a particularly good defender.
Gibson is a very tough defender that has a weak offensive game. Two totally different players.