Author Topic: Per ESPN: Jabari Parker out for year with ACL  (Read 3721 times)

Re: Per ESPN: Jabari Parker out for year with ACL
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 11:06:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I bet this year it actually won't matter as much in terms of wins. Where it hurts is Jabari's seasoning process.

As bad as it sounds, more minutes for Giannis and Kris Middleton might actually work for more wins, especially if/when John Henson gets his stuff together.

How will he come back tho?

Rose is still getting back into form. Gallinari looks awful. Rondo took an entire year and a half.

So unlucky.

There's all different though, and every injury like this is. Gallianri had a botched operation that required two follow-ups. Rose..his body seems like its betraying him, but his play style is a polar opposite of Jabari's.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With Parker out for the year, Bosh out indefinitely, and the Nets situation fragile we might be able to leapfrog a team or 2 right in front of us in the standings.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Just saw Stein's tweet. That's rough. I'm curious whether or not they'll continue to push for the Playoffs.

They weren't really pushing for the playoffs at all.  They've been very candid about their primary goal for the season being to continue the rebuilding process.  They aren't adverse to the idea of making the playoffs if they do so organically, but that's not necessarily what they're focusing on.
Well, yeah. Miami and Brooklyn have been worse than people thought (so far) and Milwaukee has been better. I'm wondering how interested they'll be in purposefully maintaining pace.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 11:25:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
seems normal that when a team loses an important player, and they are not really in the hunt, to shy away from trades, and just rack of the losses.  all these injuries will likely throw cold water on trade possibilities.  i know it sounds counter-intuitive, but makes sense to me.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Just saw Stein's tweet. That's rough. I'm curious whether or not they'll continue to push for the Playoffs.

They weren't really pushing for the playoffs at all.  They've been very candid about their primary goal for the season being to continue the rebuilding process.  They aren't adverse to the idea of making the playoffs if they do so organically, but that's not necessarily what they're focusing on.
Well, yeah. Miami and Brooklyn have been worse than people thought (so far) and Milwaukee has been better. I'm wondering how interested they'll be in purposefully maintaining pace.

Judging from the organization's recent comments, not interested at all:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/milwaukees-makeover-how-the-bucks-decided-to-buckle-down-and-play-for-the-future/

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I bet this year it actually won't matter as much in terms of wins. Where it hurts is Jabari's seasoning process.

As bad as it sounds, more minutes for Giannis and Kris Middleton might actually work for more wins, especially if/when John Henson gets his stuff together.

What position does Middleton play - as a power forward?  Also, can we please get John Henson?  Pretty please? ;D

Middleton is a SF who is good enough to play SG and who has had to function as a smallball stretch four due to injuries.

Since Parker was playing at both forward spots, his injury should make it less likely that Milwaukee trades Henson.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 12:10:55 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Funny.  The 2013 Draft class is starting to look terrific.  Meanwhile, highly touted 2014 Draft Class has looked pretty awful.  Take a look at the 8 most hyped players:

Wiggins has been meh.
Parker done for the season
Embiid done for the season
Gordon done for the season
Exum has sucked
Smart has sucked
Randle done for the season
Vonleh has sucked

Long-term, I think those kids have a future, but right now it's looking like bust city.  That said, if the way last year's "bad" draft class has bounced back is any example... next year these kids are going to look like superstars.

Jabari Parker out the rest of the season with torn ACL
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 08:01:56 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 08:13:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
Especially sucks since the Bucks were playing so well and were looking like a potential sleeper as their young guys continued to develop.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip