Author Topic: Can we just appreciate Rondo?  (Read 31561 times)

Re: Can we just appreciate Rondo?
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The only thing I dont understand is that fans on this board are so desperate for top tier talent...and we have one..rondo

and they want to trade him for mediocre players and low picks as if he is jeff green or something and run him out of town.

i dont want to trade him for the sake of trading him, nor do i want to run him out of tow.  however, i dont think he is a top tier player, at least to be ur #1 guy.  if he is your #2 guy, your team is in the right direction, if rondo is ur #3 guy, ur a contender.

That's probably true if you're talking about scoring only, if you're talking about impact on a game Rondo can be the #1 guy on a contender and has been in the past. In 2012 Rondo scored or assisted a higher percentage of his team's points than anyone else in the playoffs. I wonder how many other "#3 guys" you can say that about.

Re: Can we just appreciate Rondo?
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Someone else probably has said it but it appears to me that Rajon has improved. He is more confident in that jumper and releases it quickly. Still too ball dominant but you can see him trying to get guys to move more than the way it used to be. All that is left is the 3 ball up to 30% or more and get ft's up to 70% or more. It's critical and I fear DA may send him off for value after perhaps after having run out of patience:  Rajon's game isn't complete without those final two pieces and he has yet to prove he can get there.

Before I'd even think about trading Rondo I'd get a GOOD rim protector. How many games has this supposedly awful rebuilding team lost because we had no one to play defense at the rim? Five? Ten? Fifteen? Whatever it is I'm not sure ANYONE can evaluate what else you need until you have a defensive big man playing 30 minutes a game. Imho we would already be over 500 if we had that even with all the games missed from injuries