Author Topic: With Bayless on board how does our Guard depth look like?  (Read 4780 times)

Re: With Bayless on board how does our Guard depth look like?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Bayless isn't here for his talents, he is here for his expiring contract.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
well i understand the point of moving crawford to the bench to see how he would do with combo guard time
you could also do that with bradley?
but until rondo is here
pg crawford, bayless, pressey (limited)
sg lee, bayless, bogans (limited)

brooks no chance
I expect Bogans to be the full-time backup SG, and Pressey to hit the DL sooner rather than later.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The same for this season. From an overall production standpoint neither lee nor Bayless are game changers. They're SGs off the bench. To me all we did was change the players name.

For this season that is. Bayless as an expiring is much bigger in terms of a guard helping our future.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 04:50:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
3. I'd give Brooks a lot of run at the two behind Bradley - see if he can gain any rhythm.

I'd make Brooks earn his playing time and tell he earns a spot in the rotation based on defense in the D-League and practice and he's going to get yanked if he doesn't seem to care about defense, no matter how well he shoots the ball.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 04:55:15 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 891
Yeah, I think this is pretty obvious what will be done.  Until Rondo is back on the court, Bayless is the back-up PG and probably Brooks but maybe Bogans will be the back up SG.  Pressey doesn't play and may even get cut but probably ends up in Portland.

When Rondo gets back, he starts and both Crawford and Bayless get fewer minutes but play (Crawford as SG more) and Bogans/Brooks end up back on the bench.

Eventually, either Crawford or Rondo (yes, I said it) will be traded (probably Crawford) and then the rotations will be OK again.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Can't argue with the 'defense" strategy for Brooks and him earning the time in the the D-League and in practice.

If he doesn't make it happen on defense we cut him him loose this off season, or we trade him at the deadline - no issue with either.

But I'd still give him some good run now that Lee is gone, see if he can build and rhythm and momentum on both ends of the floor.

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yeah, I think this is pretty obvious what will be done.  Until Rondo is back on the court, Bayless is the back-up PG and probably Brooks but maybe Bogans will be the back up SG.  Pressey doesn't play and may even get cut but probably ends up in Portland.

When Rondo gets back, he starts and both Crawford and Bayless get fewer minutes but play (Crawford as SG more) and Bogans/Brooks end up back on the bench.

Eventually, either Crawford or Rondo (yes, I said it) will be traded (probably Crawford) and then the rotations will be OK again.

I don't get why everyone seems to think Pressey (guaranteed) will get cut or should. He is a rookie who has played well. I think you guys look at his shooting and assume that he has been bad but it just isn't the case. There is no need to cut him (we have a roster spot open as is). If we send him to the D-League, fine, but to suggest the kid doesn't deserve his spot is crazy. What exactly do we gain by cutting him? Nothing. What were some of you expecting from an undrafted ROOKIE? It may not be saying much but he has played better than a lot of the people who were first round picks this season. He can't shoot to save his life but he has 3:1 ast/to and has 23 stls (he has stolen it 2 more times than turned it over).

You're not even giving the ROOKIE a fair shake.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Well, there should be absolutely no remorse over cutting Pressley if his roster spot is needed.  The Celtics aren't at that point, but they could be, especially if Ainge makes a trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference