Author Topic: Another Seahawks Player Suspended  (Read 6422 times)

Another Seahawks Player Suspended
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10160700/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-indefinitely

Must be *ahem* something in the water up there.

Kind of makes me look at their meteoric rise to Super Bowl contention with some skepticism.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Another Seahawks Player Suspended
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:58:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Seahawks' quest for the Superbowl will fall short due to multiple player suspensions...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
They're fast becoming the Orlando Magic of the NFL, as far as making sure their guys test clean.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
They're fast becoming the Orlando Magic of the NFL, as far as making sure their guys test clean.

Who on the Magic EVER tested positive for true steroids and NOT something you and I can buy at our local GNC??  Rashard Lewis is the ONLY one I am aware of there.

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride

Who on the Magic EVER tested positive for true steroids and NOT something you and I can buy at our local GNC??  Rashard Lewis is the ONLY one I am aware of there.

Smitty77
On February 13, 2013, Hedo Türkoğlu was suspended for 20 games after testing positive for methenolone. (anabolic steroid)
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
You realize this was for dope and not ped's right? And Browner didn't do anything new, this was about him not getting tests while a player in Canada. He is going to sue and I won't be shocked if he wins.

The rest of the Hawks players have either been for MJ or ritalin. Yeah those guys are big cheaters ::)

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Smitty77
On February 13, 2013, Hedo Türkoğlu was suspended for 20 games after testing positive for methenolone. (anabolic steroid)

Didn't Rashard Lewis get busted too?

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 02:03:33 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
This is rather humorous to me.  Turk and Rashard are two of the leanest guys in the league.  Turk was using it to try and recover from an injury if I am not mistaken.  It is suspected that Lewis took DHEA that can be bought at about ANY health store such as GNC.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2009/08/rare-nba-steroidrelated-suspension-orlando-magic-player-rashard-lewis-reportedly-out-10-games-for-dr.html

What is so funny is that people actually believe that Lebron is as huge as he is and as lean as he is naturally.  Come on folks!!!  Remember when he was a Cav and had to have that enlarged gland in his cheekbone area removed??  That gland is responsible for breaking down human growth hormone!!!!!  HGH is the ultimate steroid that is very difficult to test for my friends.

The NBA has decided to cast a blind eye to this epidemic:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-03/sports/os-mike-bianchi-nba-peds-0804-20130803_1_nba-players-nba-drug-testing-policy-nba-stars

Are we to believe that Biogenesis was providing steroids, etc. to every major sport except for the NBA??:-)))

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/25/biogenesis-whistle-blower-nba-players/

This may be a questionable link, but would this really surprise ANYONE???

http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=28

Funny how the league CHOOSES to make examples of Turk and Rashard.  Am I the only one that finds that to be remarkably ironic??

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 08:26:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This is rather humorous to me.  Turk and Rashard are two of the leanest guys in the league.  Turk was using it to try and recover from an injury if I am not mistaken.  It is suspected that Lewis took DHEA that can be bought at about ANY health store such as GNC.

I wouldn't be so quick to buy into the excuses given by professionals caught cheating.  Almost every athlete uses the same excuse:  "It was an over-the-counter supplement and I didn't know" or "it was a legal supplement that must have been contaminated".

I agree with your greater point, though.  The thought that only 2 out of 450 players in the league have used PEDs is silly, especially when those PEDs are 1) freely available, and 2) impossible to detect with the current tests used by the league.

Of course, I also think that probably 80% of the guys in the NFL are using some sort of PED.  I've seen PED use as early as lower-level Maine high school football.  It's ridiculous to think that guys who blend an unprecedented combination of speed and strength aren't juicing on something.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 09:07:45 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
  I've seen PED use as early as lower-level Maine high school football.

Oh, I knew quite a few football players when I was in HS the late 90's who were on steroids.  A few of the football players who also played on the hockey team, which I was on, offered them to me on multiple occasions (I declined).  These were guys I was friends with.

Steroids are easy to get, and highly prevalent, even in HS in little old NH.

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Seahawks' quest for the Superbowl will fall short due to multiple player suspensions...

I hope not, they are the only real threat to Denver in the Super Bowl, assuming the Pats don't kill them 51-24 in Denver  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
  I've seen PED use as early as lower-level Maine high school football.

Oh, I knew quite a few football players when I was in HS the late 90's who were on steroids.  A few of the football players who also played on the hockey team, which I was on, offered them to me on multiple occasions (I declined).  These were guys I was friends with.

Steroids are easy to get, and highly prevalent, even in HS in little old NH.

Ditto in very rural Northern New York.  And most of the wrestlers were on speed.  Us basketball players just chugged Mountain Dew before games.   :)

...connecting this to the other Hawks thread, are chronic torn pectorals symptomatic of PED use?  Seems like that kind of injury.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:25:26 AM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I wouldn't be so quick to buy into the excuses given by professionals caught cheating.  Almost every athlete uses the same excuse:  "It was an over-the-counter supplement and I didn't know" or "it was a legal supplement that must have been contaminated".

I agree with your greater point, though.  The thought that only 2 out of 450 players in the league have used PEDs is silly, especially when those PEDs are 1) freely available, and 2) impossible to detect with the current tests used by the league.

Of course, I also think that probably 80% of the guys in the NFL are using some sort of PED.  I've seen PED use as early as lower-level Maine high school football.  It's ridiculous to think that guys who blend an unprecedented combination of speed and strength aren't juicing on something.

In Rashard's case, it sounds like it could have been DHEA.  I have taken this product and it is a precursor to male and female hormones. I however have NEVER done steroids.

"DHEA serves as precursor to male and female sex hormones (androgens and estrogens). DHEA levels in the body begin to decrease after age 30, and are reported to be low in some people with anorexia, end-stage kidney disease, type 2 diabetes (non-insulin dependent diabetes), AIDS, adrenal insufficiency, and in the critically ill. DHEA levels may also be depleted by a number of drugs, including insulin, corticosteroids, opiates, and danazol."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dhea/NS_patient-dhea

It is so sad how easily available these dangerous drugs are!!

Smitty77

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:58:28 PM by Smitty77 »