Author Topic: "Where Paul Pierce ranks in Celtics history" (Boston Globe)  (Read 3064 times)

Re: "Where Paul Pierce ranks in Celtics history" (Boston Globe)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 07:14:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Well, that just makes me sad that Pierce is gone and playing for another team.

He's a Celtic til next Wednesday!  :-\

It's a shame to see things end like this for Pierce, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to force him to play out his last years on a team with no chance of contending.  It's Russell + Bird, and then Pierce is right in that next group somewhere.  A true Celtic great.

LOL I only just noticed your name change.  Nice.

Thanks, I just had it changed today.  Seemed appropriate.

First of all, how does one change one's name? I feel like it all might be might fault somehow, for not changing to Lucky18.

Secondly, love the Jacob's Ladder reference in the sig.

I like I can still call you FWF, though.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I feel perfectly okay with calling Pierce the 4th or 5th greatest Celtic of all time.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 11:23:52 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Pierce is among tha greatest Celtics. Looking at those rankings makes it sad because he still could have moved up in some of those rankings. I hate that our Captain is gone. It sucks his last game won't be in a Celtics uniform. For everything he's been through with this team and never once turned his back when he could have left, he earned and deserved to correctly retire and play his last game as a Celtic.

Thank you Paul for everything. You'll always and forever be a Celtic.

but he will retire as a celtic. they will bring him back for one day. they will honor him. they will acknowledge him. they will retire his number.

in terms of greatest celtics ever, i think pierce is in the top 6. which means he is in incredible company.

thanks paul for all you gave us.

Of course he'll still retire a Celtic. And I get why Ainge traded him and KG but I (along with others here) would rather see Pierce continue his career as a Celtic. Not a Net and then sign a one day back here to retire.
Loyalty Is Royalty