Author Topic: Top 5 Favorite NBA teams  (Read 4240 times)

Re: Top 5 Favorite NBA teams
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I love the Celtics and they are my favorite team, but I am a huge fan of the NBA as a whole.  People really need to open their minds a little, watching basketball on the professional level is fun period.  I have sort of a chip on my shoulder about this because I've tried talking general basketball to some Celtics fans before and even saying I watched other games provoked hostility from them (note: that is only indicative of a small minority of fans.  Celtics fans tend to be some of the most knowledgeable in general).  We should be so lucky to have teams like Golden State, Houston, Indiana, Clips, etc to watch.  I can't get enough NBA

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 03:06:23 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
1.  Celts
2.  Spurs (since the Iceman)
3.  Nuggets
4.  Bucks (loved Sydney Moncrief and the battles the Celtics had with them)
5.  Bulls and Thunder (Tie; like their current rosters, dont like the organizations)

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
There's a thing about liking teams in your conference, y'know.

Everyone knows that rule 23 is "you shouldn't like other teams in the same conference as your favorite team."

Playoffs y'know.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
1. Celtics - since 1986 when I was 8 years old.

2. Jazz - Louisiana Tech's Karl Malone and Paul Millsap.

3. Pelicans - they moved to Louisiana so i follow them and attend a game every couple of years (4.5 hours away)

4. Memphis - regional team so I follow them a little, I grew up in Arkansas. 

5.  Whoever is playing the Lakers.   

I dont like anyone else in the East.

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
ummm

Celtics
Celtics
Celtics
Celtics
thenn ughhh
The CELTICS!

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I love the Celtics and they are my favorite team, but I am a huge fan of the NBA as a whole.  People really need to open their minds a little, watching basketball on the professional level is fun period.  I have sort of a chip on my shoulder about this because I've tried talking general basketball to some Celtics fans before and even saying I watched other games provoked hostility from them (note: that is only indicative of a small minority of fans.  Celtics fans tend to be some of the most knowledgeable in general).  We should be so lucky to have teams like Golden State, Houston, Indiana, Clips, etc to watch.  I can't get enough NBA

I agree. I like to watch other teams too. You learn a lot from it and sometimes discover very good systems, players, spirits,... The more I learn about this game, the more I enjoy watching the celtics.
This year it was nice to see NY team play the first 3 or 4 months. I surprised myself to appreciate some sacramento games too. Love tyreke evans and a couple of youngs there.
The mavs where I rediscover Carter. He had a tremendous season, it was very pleasant to see him perform that way again.
Love the rockets series. This team was fun to watch offensively.
Watch a lot of spurs this season. They impressed me more and more and they even step up during the playoffs (usually they don't).
Denver was incredible at home the entire season. Love the ambiance the fast offensive play and the good coaching.
I even surprised myself to watch few lakers game (the run for the playoff till Kobe injury. I always hated the lakers but always respected kobe as a great player and also as a great man (despite his spoiled brat attitude). But man, seeing him injured that way and at this moment it was painful to watch. I empathize a lot... Seeing blake and clark giving all they got was nice to witness too.
I stop here because I watch at least 3 games of every team and I always enjoy and or learn something out of it.
One thing I can't do is to watch miami live. I can't stand them winning to I make sure I know they lost before I watch their games. My heart can't stand it, sorry. This team is a fake. No history, no real fans. Lot of people left the stadium with 5 minutes left in the first game against chicago. Simply ridiculous, this is not a franchise. It is just some big ego fully loaded that want some nba rings in their living room the easy way.
Anyway NBA is great, the good things overcome all the nonsense, thank god.

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
1. Celtics
2. Whoever beats Miami
3. Whoever beats NY
4. Whoever beats LA
5. Whoever beats BRK
DKC Suns