Author Topic: Jason Kidd Retires  (Read 2246 times)

Re: Jason Kidd Retires
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 02:37:34 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4601
overdue.

odd that the second and third pick (grant hill) from that long ago only just retired after this season.  speaks volumes about the quality of players coming into the league when a number of players well into their 30's can still play against these kids and hold their own.

I think we'll be adding the #5 pick in that draft to the list after tonight too.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 03:36:56 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
It is only fitting that Grant Hill and Jason Kidd, co-rookie of the year in 1994, retire within 24 hours of each other after 19 seasons in the league.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No matter what Jason Kidd accomplished on a basketball court, I can never respect a man who punches his wife in the face. After that, his ability to shoot three-point field goals doesn't really carry much weight with me.

For those who might think this type of response to a story like this is a bit harsh, I would bet never saw a man's fist strike a woman before. I assure you, if you saw that, the last thing you'll care about is basketball.

The sports stars I find most inspiring are those who manage to be both talented and professional on the field or court, and respectful and non-violent in their personal relationships.

Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
overdue.

odd that the second and third pick (grant hill) from that long ago only just retired after this season.  speaks volumes about the quality of players coming into the league when a number of players well into their 30's can still play against these kids and hold their own.

I think we'll be adding the #5 pick in that draft to the list after tonight too.

I hope so...

I loved Juwan Howard in his hayday, but [other than a 'comeback' year with Portland in 2010, I think] he really fell off a cliff after the 06-07 season with Houston. I get that he is more of a player coach with Miami, but he literally doesn't have anything to offer on the bball court.

Kidd and Hill were at least producing up until the very end. I guess this is the end of an era for me, too. The season they came into the league I was a freshman in high school...knowing that these guys are 40 make me feel a bit old.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Never could respect the guy. He hit his wife. After that I don't care what you do in the NBA.
Peace through Tyranny