Author Topic: People are reading to much into the interviews  (Read 1574 times)

People are reading to much into the interviews
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/5/17/4342358/celtics-may-be-looking-to-move-up-in-nba-draft

As written about in the above link DA interviews a lot of players projected to go in the top ten and out of reach for the celtics.

This is being viewed as an indicator that DA may look to move up. If memory serves me I think he did the same thing last year. I believe thinking DA is trading up is reading into this to much. He probably knows that the guys in the top ten will not be flying out to boston to work out for the Cs where any player ranked outside the top 12 is likely to make the trip. In the case that a player fall like sully did last year this interview would be DAs only chance to talk to the player he is drafting. It also serves to open a line of communication for years to come and possible future FA situations.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: People are reading to much into the interviews
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Seriously. People are taking it as a sign that Danny is trying to move Rondo (as they do every chance they get) so that we can suck again and get the number one pick next year and draft Andrew Wiggins. Sad. #not winners

Re: People are reading to much into the interviews
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
Seriously. People are taking it as a sign that Danny is trying to move Rondo (as they do every chance they get) so that we can suck again and get the number one pick next year and draft Andrew Wiggins. Sad. #not winners

After rondo got hurt I had suggested a trade centered around rondo going to the bobcats for their pick ( hoping for Noel) walker and Thomas but with Jeff green stepping up his play and my own soaring on Noel as a prospect I know would be against it.

I truly think Da is just covering his bases
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet