Author Topic: CB Draft Wrap Up: What Did You Like, What Could Be Better?  (Read 20591 times)

Re: CB Draft Wrap Up: What Did You Like, What Could Be Better?
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
a better co GM?

:P

I demmand a soccer draft one of this days

that would also be cool, what leagues?

I want an all time soccer draft

Well, i think that would be hard, i was thinking more the premier league and la liga

nahhh its better an all time

The Pele Maradona Messi debate
where el magico ranks
"see delonte west"
See ronaldo being picked 105th
great stuff

Magico is the greatest of all time ;D Definetly one of the best though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:39:13 PM by ronaldo943 »

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
The playoffs are too long and time consuming. I appreciate all the questions, but nine pages of debate over a pair of fake basketball teams is a bit draining during the work week. I think that highly contributes to burnout. I would prefer the "one statement, one rebuttal" method that had been used in past finals.

I wouldn't mind scrapping the playoffs altogether and just ending the game after regular season seeding. At that point the game becomes less about building a team and more about arguments. That's another thing that keeps more casual drafters from being fully invested. I know a lot of people thrive off the debate, but I get tired of it pretty quickly. Also, those debates can lead to hurt feelings, rage quitting, and forcing IP to drink beer - something he would never do without the pressures of the CB Draft.

I like the keeper idea. How about we institute something that would make the later rounds more interesting? You can keep one player from the previous year, but only those who were drafted in the 12th and 13th rounds. If you choose to retain that player, you give up your 13th rounder. Players can only be kept for one year.

That could be interesting. At the very least it would make the last couple days of the draft more fun.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I wouldnt want to do that though as there is a lot of players to choose from so id rather just do the Premier and/or La Liga.

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I wouldnt want to do that though as there is a lot of players to choose from so id rather just do the Premier and/or La Liga.

Just imagine a team made og

Dasayev

Baseri Branco Dunga and Bekenbahuer

Maradona, Magico and Cruyff
Messi(If you can trade up), ronaldinho and Pele

From

Last 6 are top 6 by the way

well maybe ronaldinho is a reach
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 01:35:55 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Dasayev

From

Yea you know what im down for this, if i was you i would make an interest thread, top3 maradona pele and cruyff.

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Dasayev

From

Yea you know what im down for this, if i was you i would make an interest thread, top3 maradona pele and cruyff.

top 3
Maradona, Pele and El Magico

the only player maradona ever admitted being better than himself

Nice to be back!

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
top 3

Make it happen Edgar! You are getting me pumped of for this draft just thinking about what team i could make!

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
top 3

Make it happen Edgar! You are getting me pumped of for this draft just thinking about what team i could make!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BINBRlbJrxo

Nice to be back!

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
i know you i will be getting with my first pick :) well their is a lot of great players so i might change my mind :)

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The playoffs are too long and time consuming. I appreciate all the questions, but nine pages of debate over a pair of fake basketball teams is a bit draining during the work week. I think that highly contributes to burnout. I would prefer the "one statement, one rebuttal" method that had been used in past finals.

I wouldn't mind scrapping the playoffs altogether and just ending the game after regular season seeding. At that point the game becomes less about building a team and more about arguments. That's another thing that keeps more casual drafters from being fully invested. I know a lot of people thrive off the debate, but I get tired of it pretty quickly. Also, those debates can lead to hurt feelings, rage quitting, and forcing IP to drink beer - something he would never do without the pressures of the CB Draft.

I like the keeper idea. How about we institute something that would make the later rounds more interesting? You can keep one player from the previous year, but only those who were drafted in the 12th and 13th rounds. If you choose to retain that player, you give up your 13th rounder. Players can only be kept for one year.

That could be interesting. At the very least it would make the last couple days of the draft more fun.

I like the idea. That means I can keep Jason Smith. I agree with the playoffs being too long, although I don't mind it at all.

May I suggest, during the playoffs, GM's get one argument against the other team, and only get to answer a certain amount of questions (TBD) from his opponent, and vice versa. That way there wont be too many questions to answer. While others who are not involved can still post their opinions, GM's don't have to answer their questions.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I like the idea. That means I can keep Jason Smith. I agree with the playoffs being too long, although I don't mind it at all.

May I suggest, during the playoffs, GM's get one argument against the other team, and only get to answer a certain amount of questions (TBD) from his opponent, and vice versa. That way there wont be too many questions to answer. While others who are not involved can still post their opinions, GM's don't have to answer their questions.

Playoffs are a must first off. It's why a lot of us enjoy this thing. The debate is one of the best aspects of this experience.

Also limiting responses isn't fair if it means that you can't respond to every post about your team. Whether positive or not I always feel that there I can respond to a person's comment on my team that benefits my team bc I got to respond.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 11:03:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I say no more co-GMs. Honestly I liked that Nick and Rondo each had their own team. It made it better for more teams being involved consistently.

I didn't like Kc and SO doing a team together. Or Lucky and Rebus. Not b/c they had an extra advantage but b/c they are proven owners who get involved and stay involved within the the process.

Ok. I am changing my tune a little. Having Ronaldo step in and help JSD was big. JSD basically quit, so I liked that Ronaldo was there. Lol even if he was a pain to go to battle with  ;)

I think some GMs, like myself, shouldn't be allowed to be a Co-GM. There are some of us on here, like IP, that really enjoy this game and will participate in it 90-100%. Those people shouldn't have a co-gm and that should be looked at as a good thing.

The more involved teams the better. But the more involved GMs that team up, then the less likely it is that more teams consistently stay involved. The CB Draft is fun and there are several of us on here who like putting the GM hat on and going to work. Those people should have to be on their own for the overall betterment of the game.

Basically to be told you can't have a co-gm is a sign of respect.

It's a good thought.  The only issue is that a lot of times the reason somebody gets a co-GM is because they're not going to be around for a part of the draft.  It's tough to punish those GMs by not allowing them to find somebody else to help them out.

But your point is a legit one.  The more good GMs, the better the experience.  Maybe that allows us to go back to more than 24 teams, maybe it stops folks from dropping out, etc.
Yeah, look at me the last two CB Drafts. I had vacation planned during both. Last year I had Rondo as a co-GM and he took over the second week of the draft and I did the first part of the playoffs because he was on vacation. The team did very well and probably should have won it all, looking back in retrospect.

This year I had no co-GM and my time was limited. So I took a trade I would normally never have made to get out of drafting in two of the first four days of the draft and came back for the fifth day last minute and made a huge mistake because I was rushed for time. It ruined my entire team, aggravated me, and got me to the point where I hated the team so I blew it up. If I had a co-GM, none of that probably happens and I probably finish in the top 8 or better.

So having a co-GM shouldn't be outlawed, even for people who many might consider shouldn't have a co-GM because sometimes it helps to make a better franchise because someone can't give it their attention for reasons beyond their control, like vacations or honeymoons.

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 11:22:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Want to shorten shorten this, get rid of a round and get rid of the couple day wait for press conference and shorten the playoffs, make the divisional races mean something.

Cut the number of teams making the playoffs in half. The division winners each get in and the best non-division winning team. Then seed them by record(votes received in conference voting). Here is a sample schedule

Monday - round 1
Tuesday - round 2
Wednesday - round 3
Thursday - round 4
Friday - rounds 5 & 6

Monday - rounds 7 & 8
Tuesday - rounds 9 & 10
Wednesday - rounds 11 & 12...trade deadline at midnight. Free agency only for teams that need to add a player to get to minimum 12 players.
Thursday - Eastern Conference Pressers
Friday - Western Conference Pressers...questions for pressers can continue all weekend

Monday - conference voting... ends 10PM. Results posted by midnight.
Tuesday - conference semis voting... ends 10PM. Results posted by midnight.
Wednesday - conference finals voting... ends 10PM. Results posted by midnight.
Thursday - Finals...ends 10PM. Results posted by midnight.

The whole draft is done in less than 3 weeks instead of extending out to four weeks. It also will make winning a division very important which might make the Pressers more fun.