Author Topic: CB Draft Eastern Finals: (1) Bulls vs. (2) Pistons  (Read 15633 times)

Re: CB Draft Eastern Finals: (1) Bulls vs. (2) Pistons
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
As well, Pierce shot under 44% in 3 games out of four last season versus Granger and Indy, so we're not worried about that matchup.

We push the tempo, allow Paul to run the show, use Nene down low versus Bosh, allow Ersan to stretch the flour against Young or Haywood. When Chicago uses Jack, we counter with Ridnour. I also like using Johnson versus Young.

If memory serves me right, and I'm not in front of a cpu to check, weren't all three of thos games in early january where pierce struggled against just about everyone

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im voting bulls

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Do me and kc still have just one vote between us?

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Do me and kc still have just one vote between us?

Yeah.  It's something I think we can look into modifying in the future. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I got to go Chicago here. I think it's a close series due to Paul's wizardry.

Here is why.

Based on what I have seen in the thread and what I have looked at as far as match ups. (Which isn't a ton. The GMs need to provide that) That the Bulls ultimately have the advantage.

CP3 is much better the Jrue Holiday, but Holiday is still on the up and has gotten better every season. He had a very good playoffs and at his age should be better next season.

I think the disparity between Matthews and Wade is greater then the one between the PGs. Based on the numbers IP showed Wade has dominated. I think both the Forward match ups are a draw. Granger and Ilyasova Vs Pierce and Young seem neutral to me.

I give the edge to Bosh over Nene. Nene looks like he cashed in at the right time and lost a step this past season. Bosh for all his criticisms is still a perennial All-Star and just out dueled Blake Griffin and Marc Gasol fairly easily. He gets the edge here and thus so does Chicago.

Congrats to both Chicago and Detroit for making it to the ECF.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
My votes are in. I will be back tomorrow for the Finals. Best of luck to whoever makes it there.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I read the whole thing, didn't comment cause it was a crazy day, but read the whole thing
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I got to go Chicago here. I think it's a close series due to Paul's wizardry.

I think the disparity between Matthews and Wade is greater then the one between the PGs. Based on the numbers IP showed Wade has dominated. I think both the Forward match ups are a draw. Granger and Ilyasova Vs Pierce and Young seem neutral to me.

I saw this in a different light.  Those matchups in which Matthews was worked over also included LeBron James on one end and Andre Miller/Felton/Crawford on the other.

Flip the table and now Matthews is teammates with the best player in the series and Wade is now without that teammate with dominant passing/playmaking instincts. I factor that in a lot.

I just think CP3 puts those "push" matchups in the direction of Detroit.  Nene still put up 15/7 in WAS on 61% fg.  I believe CP3 will help propel that combo of Ily-Nene to outplay Bosh-Young where they otherwise probably wouldn't.  Maybe I'm underselling Wade a bit, but I don't think he'll have the effect on his teammates the way in which Paul will.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Wade out scored Wes Matthews 29 to 12, and shot 53% from the field doing it. You sir, are underselling Wade, you're underselling Pierce, you're underselling Holiday, and worst of all and absolutely unforgivably, YOU'RE UNDERSELLING JIMMY BUTLER!!!!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Wade out scored Wes Matthews 29 to 12, and shot 53% from the field doing it. You sir, are underselling Wade, you're underselling Pierce, you're underselling Holiday, and worst of all and absolutely unforgivably, YOU'RE UNDERSELLING JIMMY BUTLER!!!!

Perhaps I'm overselling CP3?

Between the likes of Felton/Collison/Jennings/Wall there's not one guy that really ever made his teammates better.  Wall should be doing that, perhaps this year...

I think there's a spark somewhere between Matthews/Granger/Ily/Nene that all of those above point guards failed to ignite.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Perhaps I'm overselling CP3?

Between the likes of Felton/Collison/Jennings/Wall there's not one guy that really ever made his teammates better.  Wall should be doing that, perhaps this year...

I think there's a spark somewhere between Matthews/Granger/Ily/Nene that all of those above point guards failed to ignite.

But you don't think Holiday, Young, Splitter or any of my other guys are going to get a bump from playing with Wade/Pierce/Bosh?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner