Author Topic: Dwight howard recruitment  (Read 3602 times)

Dwight howard recruitment
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
This teams last ray of hope for next year is that this trip to boston at least puts the idea of coming to us in dwights head. Last night he saw his team get crushed defensively by a depleted Celtics team. He has to at least think about where he could fit in here, how he could play for doc, how rondo could get him the ball, and how an old pierce is better then anyone he has played with in his career.   

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Dwight howard recruitment
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Surprised they didn't put a montage up for DH...clips of him playing with the Big 4 at the allstar game...the soundtrack:

Please come to Boston!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »

Offline Tmarine17

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Not sure they would do this trade, but they get a young guy in J. Johnson, two expiring contracts, and we can even throw in one of our first rounders next year too.  Gives us a chance to compete for a title this year, and we can re-sign KG back at a vet min. next year to compete for another.   

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6rvsqak

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »

Offline TAllen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
Not sure they would do this trade, but they get a young guy in J. Johnson, two expiring contracts, and we can even throw in one of our first rounders next year too.  Gives us a chance to compete for a title this year, and we can re-sign KG back at a vet min. next year to compete for another.   

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6rvsqak

There is no way they would ever do that trade ??? 

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
There is no way we are trading for dwight this season. Only trade we will be able to make is a sign and trade in the offseason if rondo,danny, and doc can sell him on the idea.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:15:54 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Nah.  He's made it very well known he doesn't want to play in Boston.  He is going to team with another superstar (most likely Deron Williams)

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
All of this is a topic for another day. I am not interested in this discussion right now.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Am I the only poster tht doesn't like Dwight Howard and could care less if he comes here nd find him overrated?

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Am I the only poster tht doesn't like Dwight Howard and could care less if he comes here nd find him overrated?

It's fine to not like him, I personally don't either, but you can't call him overrated. He continually made that team with Jameer Nelson, Hedo and Rashard Lewis a top defensive team all by himself. Plus he is the best rebounder in the league not named Kevin Love. His offense is shaky but if he had a competent pg, he wouldn't have to rely on isos so much. He really is an MVP candidate but will never win it because of his lack of offensive skills.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Hey, if the C's repeat their lineup and success on Thursday night, Howard will be begging to sign on Avery Bradley's team!  ;-)

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The only way the C's get Howard is Orlando is stubborn/foolish and doesn't trade him to a team where he's agreed to sign an extension. (Lakers, Clippers, Mavericks, Nets) Every sign has been that they are going to trade him and are just waiting till the deadline to get the best possible deal and/or convince him to stay.

If they keep him then the C's would be unlikely to attract him, but we've have a shot.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

It's fine to not like him, I personally don't either, but you can't call him overrated. He continually made that team with Jameer Nelson, Hedo and Rashard Lewis a top defensive team all by himself. Plus he is the best rebounder in the league not named Kevin Love. His offense is shaky but if he had a competent pg, he wouldn't have to rely on isos so much. He really is an MVP candidate but will never win it because of his lack of offensive skills.
great defender nd rebounder but his offense is trash if he dont wanna be here i wont beg him to come u got posters wanting to trade our whole team for him u said it urself he aint an MVP candidate he has too many games where he dissapears too

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
I like how we handled ongoing trade negotiations with Howard last night....

If you can't get him to join us....

Beat him!  8)
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

great defender nd rebounder but his offense is trash if he dont wanna be here i wont beg him to come u got posters wanting to trade our whole team for him u said it urself he aint an MVP candidate he has too many games where he dissapears too

I feel like you still discount his defensive presence. Let me put it this way. Dwight Howard does much more for his team defensively on the court than KG did for us in 2008. And he is not a trash offensive player. He averages are around 20 ppg with pg who can't get him the ball in good situations. I'll admit Dwight is not a good Iso player (he isn't bad though). But you put him on a team with a good pg and a competent offense, he would be the best player in the league in terms of how he affects the offense and defense sides of the ball.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce