Author Topic: 3 point shooting off the bench  (Read 4495 times)

Re: 3 point shooting off the bench
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
besides finding bigs....we really need to find some durable wings to backup Ray allen for 20mins a night....delonte will probably get injured at some point..

Von wafer was supposed to be that guy last year but he never really found his 3-point shot.
It's pretty clear Doc didn't fully trust Wafer (plus he was hurt too).  There's no reason that between Wafer and Harangody we couldn't have gotten similar production to what we got from Marquis.

Instead we traded a championship for Green.
TP,i agree about Doc not trusting guys.I thought about the Celtics adding Aaron Gray but i wonder if Doc would mess up his confidence by not using him most of the season.A.Gray would be a perfect backup center that could possibly develop into a starting center at some point but he is not where Doc would like for players to be yet to get regular playing time.Personally,i am still wondering why they got rid of E.House.Some on this board claim at the time that Nate was a better defender and overall better player.I doubted it then and i doubt it today...where is Nate today?Eddie is still contributing on a contending team.

House was buried into the bench until late into the Playoffs where he only received playing time b/c Bibby was terrbile
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: 3 point shooting off the bench
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
besides finding bigs....we really need to find some durable wings to backup Ray allen for 20mins a night....delonte will probably get injured at some point..

Von wafer was supposed to be that guy last year but he never really found his 3-point shot.
It's pretty clear Doc didn't fully trust Wafer (plus he was hurt too).  There's no reason that between Wafer and Harangody we couldn't have gotten similar production to what we got from Marquis.

Instead we traded a championship for Green.
TP,i agree about Doc not trusting guys.I thought about the Celtics adding Aaron Gray but i wonder if Doc would mess up his confidence by not using him most of the season.A.Gray would be a perfect backup center that could possibly develop into a starting center at some point but he is not where Doc would like for players to be yet to get regular playing time.Personally,i am still wondering why they got rid of E.House.Some on this board claim at the time that Nate was a better defender and overall better player.I doubted it then and i doubt it today...where is Nate today?Eddie is still contributing on a contending team.

House was buried into the bench until late into the Playoffs where he only received playing time b/c Bibby was terrbile

Regardless of the reason he still got some burn and was somewhat producitve...however,i didn't see where Nate was worth trading Eddie for at the time it was done.I know Eddie is limited defensively but he can hit some timely three's.For what Eddie was being payed he wasn't a big risk.Nate was payed almost double the dollars for lesser the production.