Author Topic: pitching for oj mayo & al jefferson (&maybe cp3  (Read 5106 times)

Re: pitching for oj mayo & al jefferson (&maybe cp3
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
what did la give to up  2 get pau?
The better Gasol, that's what they gave up.

At the time, though, they gave up a bunch of crap.  There's a reason that trade is known as one of the most lopsided in NBA history.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
Pitching for a pile of decidedly average players? Dying to be the Denver Nuggets of the East? By all means.
rondo/west
ray/mayo
paul/green
kg/green/mid level guy
al jefferson/j.o/shaq/vet min guy

not exactley the denver nuggets

By using JO, KG and Ray's expiring contracts, they would no longer be on the team.

I would take them for free like in your scenario to come off the bench, but that's not possible.

So I wouldn't give up KG, Ray, and JO for that group of players.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
what did la give to up  2 get pau?

At the time, though, they gave up a bunch of crap.  There's a reason that trade is known as one of the most lopsided in NBA history.
There's a reason why trades are not judged before prospects are give adequate time to develop.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:28:43 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Pitching for a pile of decidedly average players? Dying to be the Denver Nuggets of the East? By all means.
rondo/west
ray/mayo
paul/green
kg/green/mid level guy
al jefferson/j.o/shaq/vet min guy

not exactley the denver nuggets

By using JO, KG and Ray's expiring contracts, they would no longer be on the team.

I would take them for free like in your scenario to come off the bench, but that's not possible.

So I wouldn't give up KG, Ray, and JO for that group of players.

well i wouldnt trade them unless there were to get bought out the only reason a team would take that on would probably be to save money & buy em out for less than that of course ray & kg would have to agree so im posting under the assuption for most of it

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

At the time, though, they gave up a bunch of crap.  There's a reason that trade is known as one of the most lopsided in NBA history.
There's a reason why trades are not judged before prospects are give adequate time to develop.

This has been discussed in great length in the past couple of years, but the major point is that, at the time, Marc Gasol was not even really seen as a decent prospect, while Pau was a near superstar. And with championships in the last two years, the Lakers still do that trade 100/100 times,

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 12:14:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

This has been discussed in great length in the past couple of years, but the major point is that, at the time, Marc Gasol was not even really seen as a decent prospect, while Pau was a near superstar. And with championships in the last two years, the Lakers still do that trade 100/100 times,
By the same token, you can say that the Hornets once got Divac for nothing, since Kobe was, at that point, a hog-dog straight out of high-school of zero minutes of NBA experience.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Aug 20, 1996 - 23:05 EST) -- His new boss apparently wasn't listening Tuesday when Vlade Divac said how good it was to get away from Los Angeles and the pressure that surrounds playing for the Lakers. Divac, the Charlotte Hornets' new center, said he had grown somewhat weary of unrealistic expectations that surrounded his seven-year stay in Los Angeles. But Hornets owner George Shinn made it clear he has his own high hopes for the deal that brought Divac to Charlotte in exchange for the Lakers getting the rights to first-round draft pick Kobe Bryant. "I think this is probably the best trade we've made in the history of the franchise,"
said Shinn, whose club slipped from a 50-game winner to one that missed the playoffs last season.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."