Author Topic: corey brewer  (Read 2218 times)

corey brewer
« on: January 01, 2011, 03:49:49 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Realgm reports brewer is expendable,it's a little vague news but I would like to have him here,trade big baby for him and 2011 first is enough imo.

Re: corey brewer
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Love to have Brewer, but not at Baby's expense.  I swear, a little slump that everyone has once in a while and you want to trade away a 6th man candidate. ::)  You might not know this, but the Celtics NEED Baby right now.  He's the only young and healthy big they have and they'll be in a world of trouble if they lose him and don't replace him.

That being said, I've been trying to figure out a way to get Brewer since last season, but the numbers just don't work without trading a piece we need.  He would be the perfect fit here behind Daniels and he can defend the 2 and some 4 and his 3 pt shot is improving.

Find a way to get him, Danny!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
Harangody, Wafer and Bradley don't work, but would adding a second round pick make it work?  The other idea is to trade Delonte West in the deal and get him back when Minny cuts him. We'd have to wait a month for him to return, but he's out injured anyway.

I think Brewer would flourish here.  He was so excited on draft day to play with KG, but then KG gets traded to the Celtics.  He'd love to be here with KG.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:18:56 AM by Bankshot »
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Harangody, Wafer and Bradley don't work, but would adding a second round pick make it work?  The other idea is to trade Delonte West in the deal and get him back when Minny cuts him. We'd have to wait a month for him to return, but he's out injured anyway.

The problem with that is that Delonte would have to pass through waivers, where any team would have the right to pick him up at his current salary.  That's usually not an issue in buyout situations -- i.e., Starbury's contract was too high for anybody to absorb -- but with a guy on a minimum deal, any team in the league could fit him in.

I'd love Brewer here, but I just don't think we have the pieces to get him.  BBD might get it done, but he's too valuable to the Celtics right now (even taking into account his stupid decisions and prolonged slumps).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Brewer is worse than Tony Allen, people.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Corey Brewer might be available for a future first round pick.

Matching salaries looks a difficult task though. They'd have to give up Bradley + Von Wafer + Erden + Harangody. It doesn't look like it's do-able. Unfortunately.

I would have loved to have Corey Brewer here.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald

How so?

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:18:33 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 891

How so?
I don't get to see Corey Brewer play all that much but what I have seen of him puts him more or less on par with Tony Allen (probably not worse than him though).  Brewers is athletic so because of that seems to make you think he has potential but then just doesn't seem to do much on the court.  He would certainly be interesting if he could be gotten on the cheap but "on the cheap" is probably not going to get him.