Author Topic: Trade Idea - Boston, Charlotte, and Clippers  (Read 3573 times)

Trade Idea - Boston, Charlotte, and Clippers
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-bobcatsjordan122310

Sure everyone has seen the rumor about Charlotte possibly acquiring Baron Davis. Saw a part in there that said they would trade Kaman if it meant they could trade Davis. I guess that makes sense since DeAndre Jordan looks good (should have taken him instead of Gerald Green and signing Patrick O'Bryant) and the fact Kaman get banged up. Still Kaman was an all-star last year. He always gives Perk problems, but anyways here is the trade.

Bobcats get Baron Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Von Wafer, and Avery Bradley

Clippers get Dj Augustin, Matt Carroll, Luke Harangody, Desagnia Diop, Marquise Daniels*, and Eduardo Najera.

*Daniels agrees to be traded because he can be bought out and resign with us for vet. minimum after thirty days.

Celtics get Chris Kaman

Why for Bobcats? They get Baron Davis. They also acquire a prospect in Avery Bradley and Perkins who in their division with D12 would be a good pick up. Perk can finish the season with them and they have his Bird Rights to sign him.

Why for Clippers? They get rid of Baron Davis. Also get a young pg prospect in Augustin.

Why for Celtics? We get Kaman who is an upgrade over Perk. Can be a nice piece to play with Rondo. Kaman's contract expires the same year as KG. We also don't lose that much with the other pieces we give up. Marquise can be resigned. Then we have a couple roster spots to sign Sheed, and a couple wings like McCants, etc. until Quise comes back.

Haven't done a post like this in a while, but I like this trade for us.

Thoughts?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Trade Idea - Boston, Charlotte, and Clippers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:58 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Its an OK idea, but I think Perkins compliments the bigs we have a lot better than Kaman does.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Well in theory the same trade could be worked with Jermaine O'Neal in Perk's place but I don't see Charlotte being interested in Jermaine like they would Perk. That being said if they were willing to take Jermaine that would be the better option. I just think Perk is gonna ask for money that we might not be interested in paying him and we might as well get something for him if that's the case.

On our team right now Perk is a great fit, but when the big three era ends I like Kaman and his offensive ability more then Perk on this team.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Kaman has looked bad this year, I don't want him for 10+ million for the next two years.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:56:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Give up 5 players to get Kaman? Plus loose our back up three to add another big man? What?

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
I think the Celtics and Clippers both say NO to this.  Celtics lose their only depth at the wing to upgrade a position they are already stacked at?

Clippers lose 2 very talented players for... essentially DJ Augustin, Diop, and Najera?  LAC can get something decent back for Kaman, he's a desirable player to acquire.

That gets me thinking... OKC Trades Eric Maynor, Cole Aldrich, and Krstic for Kaman?  I think this would improve both team's outlooks.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
In what universe is Kaman an upgrade over Perk? 

Maybe for a 20 win team.  Not for a team vying for a championship.

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
ew

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441

Darn skippy!

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610

Maybe for a 20 win team.  Not for a team vying for a championship.

I disagree.  Think of that '06 Clippers team.  Who would be a better fit, Kaman or Perkins?  Take Al Jefferson off the Utah Jazz and would you rather replace him with Kaman or Perkins?  Would OKC rather have Kaman or Perkins as their center?  Who would the Nuggets rather replace Nene with?  These are all contending teams... and I think Kaman is the correct asnwer in all of them.

Edit:  I think it's unknown whether or not the Celtics would be better with Perk or Kaman.  While everybody assumed that Perk's defense was an imperative for this team to be successful, how have we fared so far without him replacing him with a more offensive minded C in Shaq?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think Kaman is a more complete player than Perk, so for a team that needed that from the Center position, then it makes sense.  However, with Shaq and JO already here, I think Perk's ability to defend is more important to this team than Kaman's overall game.

Plus, his contract is not what the C's need, and he is always injured.  

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836

I think Kaman is a more complete player than Perk, so for a team that needed that from the Center position, then it makes sense.  However, with Shaq and JO already here, I think Perk's ability to defend is more important to this team than Kaman's overall game.

Plus, his contract is not what the C's need, and he is always injured.  

ditto.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Kaman's contract ends when Garnett does so it is fine. This trade is taking into account what we would need after the KG era. You're talking about an All Star center... This isn't even close honestly. Presently Perk is the fifth option on this team so he is perfect. When the big three are gone that will not be the case and his flaws offensively will be more exposed. Kaman overall is far superior to Perk! It's just the way it is. Kaman can draw double teams. Last year he was a 20 ppg scorer and a top five center with Bogut, Lopez, and Noah behind Howard.