Author Topic: A blueprint to beat LA  (Read 1972 times)

A blueprint to beat LA
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
1. Be very physical with them. It does not matter how often you foul them, just be physical with them.

2. Make Kobe shoot 25 times or more a game and rough him up everytime he goes to the hole.

3. Gang rebound.

4. Commit to going inside on them and then kick the ball around for open midrangers and make those looks.

Utah and Indiana did a fine engineering this blueprint and if other teams can step up ad put LA under enough high stress games to wear them down.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Re: A blueprint to beat LA
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:01:47 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
1. Be very physical with them. It does not matter how often you foul them, just be physical with them.

2. Make Kobe shoot 25 times or more a game and rough him up everytime he goes to the hole.

3. Gang rebound.

4. Commit to going inside on them and then kick the ball around for open midrangers and make those looks.

Utah and Indiana did a fine engineering this blueprint and if other teams can step up ad put LA under enough high stress games to wear them down.

I think you're right on all counts. Of course, that's kind the ideal blueprint for everyone, isn't it? We're bigger inside (when healthy), we're deeper (more fouls), and while we're not awesome at shutting down a major scorer, we're pretty good at shutting down a team. If you subsituted Kobe for names like LeBron, Durant, Roy, Granger, Bargnani (it cracks me up that's Toronto's guy), Stoudemire...its all the same. Force their best guy to try to win it on his own and beat the crap out of him at every opportunity..that's the creed right?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Celtics and Lakers are so evenely matched that its going to come down to what it came down to last year, rebounds, offensive boards, crucial stops.

If Bynum goes down again C's wont have a problem.

Lakers biggest advantage is their Length, without Bynnum, they wont have it.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
If Perk, Shaq, and Jermaine are all healthy when it comes to for the finals, we shouldn't have a problem with them. Then again your talking about a player coming off major knee surgery, a 38 year old, and a guy that seems to get hurt everytime he gets on the court...

So it should make for an interesting finals...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 01:50:53 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Oh, and if Semih is part of our playoff rotation, then we are in some major trouble.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 02:27:47 AM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Oh, and if Semih is part of our playoff rotation, then we are in some major trouble.

I refuse to watch the carnage if Semih is playing during the Finals.

Lets hope that doesent happen.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 06:46:33 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

3. Gang rebound.

You mean like the Celtics did to them in 2008?  Celtics already have the blueprint.  They just have to be healthy.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 07:40:27 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25584
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The blueprint is good one, and the Celtics have the personnel to implement it.  As I see it, any series against LA will depend on three things:

1.  Health; this one should be obvious.

2.  Officiating; if the refs don't allow us to play physically, we won't win.

3.  The ability of our "big three" to play on both ends of the court.  We need consistent contributions from KG, Pierce and Allen on both ends.  With Ray in particular, he only seemed to be able to get things going on the defensive end for most of the Finals last year; he had the outstanding Game 2, and then was mediocre to poor the rest of the series.  In part, that was from playing solid defense on Kobe.  Similarly, Pierce allowed himself to be shut down for long stretches by Artest, and KG at times struggled on both ends. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes