Author Topic: Garnett Passing Up Shots Late  (Read 673 times)

Garnett Passing Up Shots Late
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:29:00 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Anyone notice that? I thought he was having Timberwolves flashback. I counted at least 3 wide-open looks from the perimeter late 4th Q that he passed up. He doesn't even look up. The most frustrating part was, KG was having an incredible game. I'd rather him shooting and missing those shots, rather than have Pierce run around and come up empty. Shoot it KG.

Re: Garnett Passing Up Shots Late
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
KG took 20 shots tonight, so he was definitely being aggressive. That being said, i wouldn't mind if KG took 25 shots. I've always felt as though, KG even at his old age, was still one of the best on the team at creating his own offense, or creating shots for others. He's just a very unselfish player by nature though.

Re: Garnett Passing Up Shots Late
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
KG took 20 shots tonight, so he was definitely being aggressive. That being said, i wouldn't mind if KG took 25 shots. I've always felt as though, KG even at his old age, was still one of the best on the team at creating his own offense, or creating shots for others. He's just a very unselfish player by nature though.

Its not about being unseflish. The truth is in crunch time KG likes to defer. He did it in Minnesota, and also back in 2008 with the Celtics. He's actually hurting the team passing up wideup shots whether its in the first minute of the game, or the last minute of the game. He has one of the best mid-j in the NBA. All he has to do is shoot the dam ball.