Author Topic: Rodrigue Beaubois? Who?  (Read 2483 times)

Rodrigue Beaubois? Who?
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13m7SJiBW0ARe

Remind me of Rondo a lot. But a bit offensive minded. The kid got a sweet J.

Re: Rodrigue Beaubois? Who?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Yup he reminds me a bit of Rondo as well except with a way better jumper.  I follow the Mavs a little bit because I'm a big fan of Dirk, and he hasn't played a lot in the season up until the past few games, but when he did log minutes in the couple games I saw I was impressed. Now it looks like he's earned himself a spot in the rotation for good.  Also looks like they have a future PG ready to replace Kidd when he retires. 

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Why is anyone suprised?  He's the best guard to come out of France since Tony Parker.

Donny Nelson is still the GM of the Mavs and he is better connected in Europe than anyone in the NBA except Colangelo and  Maurizio Gherardini up in Toronto.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
He does look pretty good. Very fast witht he dribble. It looks like he patterned his game after Tony Parker except with a sweet shooting stroke.

I just hope he doesn't take minutes away from my boy JJ Barea when Terry returns!

I love proving all my friends wrong who said Barea, from my Alma Mater NU, would never make it in the NBA after watching him play.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
I hope the Mavericks keep Beaubois in the rotation once Terry returns. He is a very talented player and could help that team a great deal.

I particularly like their backcourt defensively when Beaubois is at the point and Kidd is defending the opposing off guard.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
They don't call him Roddy Buckets for nothing. ;D
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
That Bulls PA guy was sure enjoying saying his name....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Mavs are so deep and talented right now.  I've actually had a problem with most of their guys on their roster at one point in time (obvious hatred for Kidd for a while, never really liked Dirk until recently, thought Butler was overrated early in his career, Marion and his primadonna years in Pheonix, and felt Haywood was soft inside), but i've done a 180 on basically all of those guys.

Jason Kidd has really suprised me the past 2 years, he's having a rebirth at the point.  Now they have 3 solid point guards, a plethora of 2-guards with Butler, Stevenson, Terry, and Wafer. A lot of flexibility at the forward positions with Dirk, Butler, Marion, and Najera all capable of playing the 3 or 4.  And finally a not-great-but-very-solid roation of Haywood/Dampier at the C position.

Only question i have for the Mavs is what will they do come playoff time? most teams decide to consolidate their rotation, but Dallas has seemingly ~11 guys who rightfully deserve playoff minutes.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 05:09:38 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Mavs are so deep and talented right now.  I've actually had a problem with most of their guys on their roster at one point in time (obvious hatred for Kidd for a while, never really liked Dirk until recently, thought Butler was overrated early in his career, Marion and his primadonna years in Pheonix, and felt Haywood was soft inside), but i've done a 180 on basically all of those guys.

Jason Kidd has really suprised me the past 2 years, he's having a rebirth at the point.  Now they have 3 solid point guards, a plethora of 2-guards with Butler, Stevenson, Terry, and Wafer. A lot of flexibility at the forward positions with Dirk, Butler, Marion, and Najera all capable of playing the 3 or 4.  And finally a not-great-but-very-solid roation of Haywood/Dampier at the C position.

Only question i have for the Mavs is what will they do come playoff time? most teams decide to consolidate their rotation, but Dallas has seemingly ~11 guys who rightfully deserve playoff minutes.

I think the Mavs really could be the best team in the league right now, as long as they continue to gel and they stay relatively healthy.

Dirk said it himself, the Mavs now are more talented than when they went to the Finals a few years ago.

The Mavs are so good they're making it look like a caveman can do it ;)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »

Offline marseye

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • gwadada 971
ouais il n'est pas mauvais, Beaubois  ;D
I represent Guadeloupe n Ain't speak English very well/Xcuse me

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Amazing performance by Beaubois! I know, he was facing the Warriors but still... 9/11 from three, wow. :o

I hope he plays for the French team this summer and for the years to come!